Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

This New Zealand section

This New Zealand section

Old May 2nd 2007, 8:03 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This New Zealand section

I don't find the radio (The Rock fm) here boring. They say everything from b*gger, s*it, and w*nker to toss*r, b*stard and c*ck. It's all fine and no one says anything! No Mary Whitehouse here to shout, scream and stamp her feet.

Apparently though, any of that 'Taking God's name in vaie' stuff and your favourite DJ is off the airwaves quicker than you can blink!

Eh!?

Makes me laugh daily at what they get away with
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Weezer
You ain't kidding. One of the major reasons NZ sucks so much in my opinion
is it's so boring. And by the way, I love nature and wildlife, which is why
this place is not for me, but that's another story entirely.

I recently PMed another poster about this very topic.
If it weren't for Badger's occasional appearances, and a few other posters
such as some of the ones who have contributed to this thread, I would
just give up on this site.

Where's the reknowned British sense of humor when you need it? Do
people lose it once they settle on these benighted shores?
I think the reknowned British sense of humor disappears once they sign up on this forum actually!
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:15 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched 'Fair Go', the 'That's Life' of NZ TV.

The final segment was a painfully unfunny story (from the Fair Go archives) about some old couple who bought 4 nuns but the nuns were too old...blah blah blah.

Turns out nuns are a type of bird.

The host of the show turned to the camera, smiled, and said that the old couple were a right pair of characters but were dead now. Goodnight!

The famous NZ bluntness? sense of humour?

Last edited by Avid; May 2nd 2007 at 8:22 am.
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:17 am
WAS bored stiff in USA

cyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud of

Did you never manage to find yours again then lexylou when you returned to the UK?
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyndi
Did you never manage to find yours again then lexylou when you returned to the UK?
no I never had one in the first place.
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:27 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lexylou
no I never had one in the first place.
och, you'll be Ok then in the land of the "dour jock"......???.......
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:30 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

/steps aside as the tumbleweeds pinwheel through the halls of BE-dom/
I'll get my coat and take it to bed........
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyndi
Old May 2nd 2007, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

Here's a picture of a 28 year old secondhand fire truck, that misguided fools manned for only $100 per year, despite answering 400+ calls per year!

It carries no cutting gear, no hydraulic spreaders (The things you chop car roofs off with) and would only get up to 90kph with the wind behind it, whilst going downhill.

My advice - Drive very very safely and make sure that you big wooden shed (House) never catches on fire.

Burt
Attached Thumbnails This New Zealand section-leaving-nz-068.jpg  

Last edited by Burt Badger; May 2nd 2007 at 3:22 pm. Reason: Crap spelling despite free spell checker!
Old May 2nd 2007, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

nzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Burt Badger
Here's a picture of a 28 year old secondhand fire truck, that misguided fools manned for only $100 per year, despite answering 400+ calls per year!

It carries no cutting gear, no hydralic spreaders (The things you chop car roofs off with) and would only get up to 90kph with the wind behind it, whilst going downhill.

My advice - Drive very very safely and make sure that you big wooden shed (House) never catches on fire.

Burt
What a waste of money. The old steam driven tender and manual pumps served our area splendidly. Can't believe the money local authorities and govt waste on all this new fangled high tech stuff.
Old May 2nd 2007, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

I believe that the "Old Girl" actually came from Australia. You got rid of them when they reached the end of their useful lives and sold them to the Kywy's LOL.

Burt
Old May 2nd 2007, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

I believe that the "Old Girl" actually came from Australia. You got rid of them when they reached the end of their useful lives and sold them to the Kywy's LOL.

Burt
When I say "Old Girl" I am talking about the fire truck and not the female stood in front!

Burt
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Burt
Some drink from the fountain of knowledge. You obviously only gargled.

Jennie

Old May 2nd 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jennifer45
Some drink from the fountain of knowledge. You obviously only gargled.

Jennie

Either get a life or bugger off back to the land of the great white form. You are boring me......

Burt
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:34 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AlbieLittle
is depressing me.

Come on peeps. Please, someone, post SOMETHING, which will be worth talking about.

weather...scodas....weather....

It's like walking into a New Zealand boozer...and expecting signs of life.

Are all the people who move to NZ tree huggers? It seems like it. We love Nature... Even when somebody slags the place we get the hippy trippy feel good speil "Well at least you tried, and good luck back in the UK"!

I know NZ is boring, but c'mon, do me a favour and stay of the st johns for a few days to get some fire in your belly...

Life. But not as you know it. In New Zealand.

Where is badger when we need him?
I liked it in NZ, will that do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.