Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand PR permit holder reports back (Don Pleasance)

New Zealand PR permit holder reports back (Don Pleasance)

Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:56 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand PR permit holder reports back (Don Pleasance)

Originally posted by idocnz
Well Don, I think you're absolutely right about remuneration in NZ and if you can't see beyond that you're every bit as brain dead as the average Brit that I've met in my time in your totally f****d up little country which is ripe and ready for the next act of retribution by Al Quaeda. Go home and stay home if you don't like it because the last thing we want is a bunch of whining Poms.

T
Erm...where are you ancestors from?

Nice try Troll
Old Apr 1st 2004, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Hmmm..a pretty normal philosophy for certain sectors of NZ society, and believe me, they get REALLY boring after a while.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 8:31 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
Hmmm..a pretty normal philosophy for certain sectors of NZ society, and believe me, they get REALLY boring after a while.
PP I'm bored already

Dont think its even worthy of Dons reply
Old Apr 1st 2004, 8:36 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Well Don, I think you're absolutely right about remuneration in NZ and if you can't see beyond that you're every bit as brain dead as the average Brit that I've met in my time in your totally f****d up little country which is ripe and ready for the next act of retribution by Al Quaeda. Go home and stay home if you don't like it because the last thing we want is a bunch of whining Poms.

T
Kiwi Twat.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 8:56 pm
idocnz

Football isn't Britain's national sport, xenophobia is. British people have an obsession with foreigners that's bordering on pathological. Aussies, Americans, the French and the Germans are particular targets of British love, loathing and ridicule. Pub conversation, television shows and newspapers are rich with tales and theories of outsiders. Travelling Poms are generally disappointed to discover that most foreigners spend more time choosing toothpaste than thinking about the British.

The entire country is one big rip-off
Free enterprise in Britain largely consists of extracting the largest possible amount of money and providing the smallest possible amounts of value and service in return.

Nothing works properly
Nothing in Britain works the way it's supposed to. From plumbing, to buildings, to the railways, almost everything has some fundamental design flaw. Sometimes I wonder if they're doing it on purpose. How we ever built an empire is beyond me. The British are well aware of this and complain about it constantly. Britain supports more national newspapers than any other country, largely filled with whining about the state of the nation. Nothing ever changes though. Most Brits would rather whinge than actually do something about their problems. In fact, attempting to solve something is positively dangerous as vicious attacks by the press are certain to follow whatever the outcome. If Brits put half their whining energy into actually fixing problems, they would live in the best run country on Earth.

They think that they, and they alone, won the Second World War
Not really surprising as this is pretty much what we're taught at school. I was in my late teens when I discovered that countries outside Europe were even involved. If pushed, most Brits will admit that the Americans might have helped a bit at the end, but deep down they suspect the involvement was minor.

The lack of civil liberties
Walk down any street in Britain, and you're the star of a show called "We're watching you so don't try anything funny". Almost every public space in the country is under the watchful eye of closed-circuit television cameras. A recent poll estimated that the average person is filmed 300 times a day. Curiously, the Brits find this all very warm and secure rather than intrusive. George Orwell understood his countrymen well.

The hypocrisy
The British regularly accuse others of faults that they themselves are guilty of. They do this without the least hint of irony. I recently read a hilarious (and very serious) article in The Spectator in which the author accuses Australia of abusing civil liberties because he was given a random breath test while here. He also said our Aussie cousins were obsessed with rules. To see why this is so funny, see the section on civil liberties above and the one on closing time below.

The government is useless
Regardless of whether the Tories or Labour are in power, British governments are largely useless. At last count, they extracted 38% of GDP from their citizens (compared to 35% in Australia). God knows where this money goes. Almost everything the government touches turns to garbage. The health service stinks, the roads are clogged, social security is a joke and public transport is poor to non-existent. Don't be surprised if you walk into a police station to find it devoid of policemen. British government departments have more in common with those in India than the well-oiled affairs you find in Australia and New Zeland . At least in Italy you know your taxes are being stolen by corrupt officials; in Britain they just seem to vanish.

Closing time
Almost all English pubs are required, by law, to stop serving at 11pm. They kick you out all together at 11.20 on the dot. Most new arrival are vaguely aware of this, but thought it had been ended in the 60s. The government talks about changing the law sometimes, but never does. Communist China has more liberal licensing laws.

The population thinks they're superior to that of any other country
Despite ample evidence to the contrary, the British believe they're superior to any other people on Earth. They think they're smarter, better at sport, more stylish and more cultured. Their dad could definitely beat yours in a fight. This superiority doesn't have to be earned or proven, it is their right by birth.

Do you really think we want you in our paradise just because you've crapped in your own backyard to the point it's unliveable. Take your filthy pounds elsewhere.

Old Apr 1st 2004, 8:57 pm
idocnz

The Netherlands and Polynesia

Old Apr 1st 2004, 9:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Aussies, Americans, the French and the Germans are particular targets of British love, loathing and ridicule.
And Kiwis.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 9:00 pm
idocnz

Oh yes and did I mention that British women have been resoundingly voted in as the ugliest on the planet in another major magazine survey this month . Could it be because 90% of them are PODGY?

Old Apr 1st 2004, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I am quite grateful to this tosser for giving me a shining example of the Kiwi "chippus shoulderous" amphibian... quite common over there!!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 9:05 pm
idocnz

Well if I keep on more of you snivelling whiners out of our country it will be a job well done .

Old Apr 1st 2004, 9:08 pm
Banned

Oh yes and did I mention that British women have been resoundingly voted in as the ugliest on the planet in another major magazine survey this month . Could it be because 90% of them are PODGY?
Well I have edited this cos really you arent worth the abuse.

See ya Dick Head

Last edited by Jack Daws; Apr 1st 2004 at 9:10 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

i'd hurry up and spew as much of this pent up anger out as quickly as possible, because i doubt you'll be here for much longer.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 9:09 pm
Banned

Originally posted by podgypossum
i'd hurry up and spew as much of this pent up anger out as quickly as possible, because i doubt you'll be here for much longer.
Who me or dick head?
Old Apr 1st 2004, 9:09 pm
idocnz

Especially you PodgyPossum ... you'll be shot on sight in NZ as we treat possums as vermin .

Old Apr 1st 2004, 9:10 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

and who do you think you are to judge the whole bloody nation? have you no faults of your own? well im sure we would all like to meet you. most people dont get that close to perfection in all their lifetime. all the lucky priveledged people around you....shame we are all not worthy of you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.