Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand Postal Service

New Zealand Postal Service

Old May 8th 2008, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Zealand Postal Service

Hi All

Is it just me or is all of New Zealand experiencing slow delivery of mail from the UK or anywhere overseas for that matter. My mum posted something important for me on the 1st April in the UK and I am still waiting!! Today when I went to check my post I found letters on the path. Our postie is bloody hopeless, whizzes by on his bike and just throws the letters in the hope that they make the post box. I have today complained to NZ post but what good that will do I don't know. Anyone else experiencing this or just my area of Christchurch?>?
Old May 8th 2008, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand Postal Service

I haven't had ANY of my redirected mail yet from the UK!

Yesterday I came home to find a big box on my front door step clearly labelled with the recipient's name and address which is not the same as mine. I live at an odd number and the parcel was addressed to an even number although in the same street. The delivery service (NZ mail or courier, not sure which) just couldn't be bothered to look and get it to the right house. Parcel was too heavy for me to even lift so I rang the people to let them know I had their parcel on front door step and they came to collect it.
Old May 8th 2008, 3:21 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Not had any probs with parcels of late about 10 days door to door and faster for stuff from USA.

No-one's been posting you banned substances have they that MAF or customs might be interested in??
Old May 8th 2008, 3:30 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I've been expecting a book from the US for nearly a month. Apparently it was sent by air mail so it must be a slow plane!!
Old May 8th 2008, 3:33 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirl
Hi All

Is it just me or is all of New Zealand experiencing slow delivery of mail from the UK or anywhere overseas for that matter. My mum posted something important for me on the 1st April in the UK and I am still waiting!! Today when I went to check my post I found letters on the path. Our postie is bloody hopeless, whizzes by on his bike and just throws the letters in the hope that they make the post box. I have today complained to NZ post but what good that will do I don't know. Anyone else experiencing this or just my area of Christchurch?>?
NZ post is dreadful. I miss my local postie in the UK! He was so friendly. I cannot understand why they use bikes. It means they can't carry too many parcels, and so are unable to complete the service paid for. Furthermore, they can't leave things on the front step because according to someone I spoke to at their call centre, its illegal for them to walk on someone's doorstep! I can't believe it but living in rural Auckland I received a much better, considerate service. I did complain to my local postshop who agreed with what I said and referred me to the head office, since complaining the postman magically brings all my parcels to the front door! I still wonder about mail times, it seems there is a long delay before I receive mail sent from around NZ. You only need to look at the 'trademe' community and see people moaning about NZ post all the time. Sorry I keep on about trademe!
Old May 8th 2008, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shirl
Hi All

I had something i was waiting for from the uk it was postmarked 21 april and arrived here on 29 april so relativley quick...was waiting for something from police in uk as needed it for visa, but it got here quite quick
Old May 8th 2008, 3:44 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I've had excellent service from NZ post - standard cheapo post items arriving next day
It seems to vary somewhat.
Old May 8th 2008, 3:48 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I've had excellent service too. we're rural delivery so our stuff gets delivered by the lovely karen who drives around in a ute She phones us in the morning if there's something that needs signed for to see if we're going to be in!
Old May 8th 2008, 4:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no complaints with the NZ post, damn site better than Royal Mail.
Old May 8th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

I did ask about the post at the PO today and apparently mail comes into Auckland from the UK and then the DX handle it and this is where it all goes wrong apparently unless of course you live in the North Island. No I don't have any illegal things coming through the post!!!

Even at the post office they said it could take weeks to come down here from Auckland if it comes from the UK!! Sucks huh!!
Old May 8th 2008, 6:53 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a rural delivery service?? It shouldn't take that long generally. But it does make a stupid amount of sense. I live in Wellington and will send things that will arrive in the UK within 5 days. (my record was 4 days!). Same in reverse - i would get things very quickly.

Oh, just a tip -never use economy post (from either country) unless you want things squashed. It takes ages to get anywhere - up to a month. And your hobnobs in a care package from home won't taste like anything other than sawdust
Old May 8th 2008, 7:07 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Can't really complain about the posties here.

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
And your hobnobs in a care package from home won't taste like anything other than sawdust
Well they are pretty much compressed sawdust anyway.