Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand Cinemas Wow (hope this doesnt offend anyone, sorry to Uk cinema ushers)

New Zealand Cinemas Wow (hope this doesnt offend anyone, sorry to Uk cinema ushers)

Old Nov 13th 2005, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default New Zealand Cinemas Wow (hope this doesnt offend anyone, sorry to Uk cinema ushers)

Went to the cinema in Courtney Place in wellington, a few of my new Kiwi friends wanted to show how its done in New Zealand, was fantastic. We were sitting in Lazyboy chairs the huge reclining ones, there was complimentary popcorn and soft drinks, and we had beer, wine and deserts delivered to the chairs 30mins into the film, excellent. Never seen anything like this, next time i go will get a photo to post on here, was well kewl. And the people who are there are excellent.

That brings me to another point, its been really easy to make a social life here, ive met and been out with loads of people who have nothing to do with work, its great. Its also nice to see some Uk folk that come over usually settle into the kiwi mentality, they become more pleasant and relaxed. One immigrant from India said to me that people here have to be like it because we are such a small country with a small population, not sure i fully understand that but his sentiments are understandable.

Going out at night here in the city seemed very safe, saw no scantily clad women falling over in the street and no brawls, very kewl indeed, didnt feel threatened or on edge like i used to in bournemouth
Old Nov 13th 2005, 8:06 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Zealand Cinemas Wow (hope this doesnt offend anyone, sorry to Uk cinema ushers)

Originally Posted by Sugo
Went to the cinema in Courtney Place in wellington, a few of my new Kiwi friends wanted to show how its done in New Zealand, was fantastic. We were sitting in Lazyboy chairs the huge reclining ones, there was complimentary popcorn and soft drinks, and we had beer, wine and deserts delivered to the chairs 30mins into the film, excellent. Never seen anything like this, next time i go will get a photo to post on here, was well kewl. And the people who are there are excellent.

That brings me to another point, its been really easy to make a social life here, ive met and been out with loads of people who have nothing to do with work, its great. Its also nice to see some Uk folk that come over usually settle into the kiwi mentality, they become more pleasant and relaxed. One immigrant from India said to me that people here have to be like it because we are such a small country with a small population, not sure i fully understand that but his sentiments are understandable.

Going out at night here in the city seemed very safe, saw no scantily clad women falling over in the street and no brawls, very kewl indeed, didnt feel threatened or on edge like i used to in bournemouth
We've not done the cinema yet, is it expensive?

Keep the + stuff coming Sugo, before I think I'm going mental enjoying myself here!
Old Nov 13th 2005, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Zealand Cinemas Wow (hope this doesnt offend anyone, sorry to Uk cinema usher

Originally Posted by bookemjano
We've not done the cinema yet, is it expensive?

Keep the + stuff coming Sugo, before I think I'm going mental enjoying myself here!

well the posh seats are 25 dollars not expensive in uk terms but is for NZ, im only going to use these cos there isnt many films i could be bothered to watch so its not a regular thing and the free drinks and popcorn is a bonus when you think how much they cost in the UK

normal seats are like 6 dollars which is kewl and the seats are more comfortabel than your standard odean or UCI

then there is the lighthouse there is one in Petone and a few other places, these have sofas for people to sit on, their fairly small cinemas for those moments when a bit of privacy is needed
Old Nov 13th 2005, 9:42 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand Cinemas Wow (hope this doesnt offend anyone, sorry to Uk cinema ushers)

The little cinema near you in Rangiora is lovely Jan, so small it's like being in your sitting room but with all the atmostphere of the big screen. They've just done it up, it was like a museum piece before lol. You should try it out I think the seats are $8 each
Old Nov 13th 2005, 9:44 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sky
The little cinema near you in Rangiora is lovely Jan, so small it's like being in your sitting room but with all the atmostphere of the big screen. They've just done it up, it was like a museum piece before lol. You should try it out I think the seats are $8 each
I think we'll have a night out this weekend, if I can catch the kids, who never seem to be indoors any more! Thanks Sky.