Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand , Canada comparisson

New Zealand , Canada comparisson

Old May 8th 2015, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Orange pony will become famous soon enough
Default New Zealand , Canada comparisson

We have been living in New Zealand for 71/2 yrs after moving from Devon in the uk. We have enjoyed the ride for most parts but we are ready for a new adventure . Our kids are 16, 11, and 6. Thinking of moving to Ottawa suburbs . I am a registered nurse and my husband is an odp / anaesthetic tech hoping to train as anesthesia assistant in CA . Any comments ?
Old May 8th 2015, 10:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: New Zealand , Canada comparisson

Only one.

Did you mean this for the NZ forum. Or would it be better in the Canada forum.

I know of at least one canada poster who is ex - NZ.

By the way.

If we were younger, we would give it a shot with the view that nothing need be forever.

Have you Nz Citizenship?
Old May 9th 2015, 12:25 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

as BEVS says pop on over to the Canadian forum as sure you will get lots of help
Canada - British Expats.

how do the kids feel about it, especially the 16yr old?
Old May 9th 2015, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
Only one.

Did you mean this for the NZ forum. Or would it be better in the Canada forum.

I know of at least one canada poster who is ex - NZ.

By the way.

If we were younger, we would give it a shot with the view that nothing need be forever.

Have you Nz Citizenship?
We have NZ perm res . And we haven't told the kids yet !! Wouldn't want to worry or stress them out at this point . We are worried that if we leave it much longer then she will be off to uni or in love with a kiwi ! Lol
Old May 9th 2015, 2:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
as BEVS says pop on over to the Canadian forum as sure you will get lots of help
Canada - British Expats.

how do the kids feel about it, especially the 16yr old?
Yes I had actually meant to put it on the Canadian forum .
Old May 9th 2015, 6:45 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I would personally apply for Citizenship for those that it applies to before going as you never know what they will do with the rules in the future.
Old May 9th 2015, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I would personally apply for Citizenship for those that it applies to before going as you never know what they will do with the rules in the future.
Yes we had thought of that . As the rules stand at the moment you can't be out of NZ for more than five yrs ( have to have at least six months in NZ during that time ) or your residency expires ! Wouldn't want to loose that in case we wAnt to come back .