Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand Business Category Changes

New Zealand Business Category Changes

Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

N.Finn Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Zealand Business Category Changes

I read somewhere that aside from the main changes to the skilled category, already announced, that there was also going to be changes to business categories, between late August and September. Does anyone have any news on this? I mention this because I know of a number of people on this board applying under the LTBV Scheme. I would also like to consider this as a possible option and would appreciate any news regarding chages to the business stream.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice
Default Re: New Zealand Business Category Changes

(I think this has already been addressed in posts if you were able to take time to search.)

Hi all

Given NZIS recent history, all of the following could all be wrong.

However, only changes to investor category have been signalled, and were actually signed off, but then went back to policy writers for adjustment about a month ago.

these changes were targeted for September.

My guess is the market had enough shock and more changes might aggravate things so they held off a bit and continued to improve the policy.

I have heard of nothing about LTBV changes, although NZIS can effect change through interpretation rahter than policy per se.

eg interpretation of benefit to NZ might soon require minimum 3 jobs even though not written in policy as such. That's a guess of course.

It is interesting to note in draft new policy now before parliament that it is specifically stated that cases will be assessed against policy in palce a t time of lodgement (and of course they can always legislate that out too, but it is an interesting signal)

Just get in quick, I say.

Kind regards

Originally posted by N.Finn Fan
I read somewhere that aside from the main changes to the skilled category, already announced, that there was also going to be changes to business categories, between late August and September. Does anyone have any news on this? I mention this because I know of a number of people on this board applying under the LTBV Scheme. I would also like to consider this as a possible option and would appreciate any news regarding chages to the business stream.

Many thanks in advance.