British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   New Years Eve Plans? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/new-years-eve-plans-580646/)

Am Loolah Dec 29th 2008 8:28 am

New Years Eve Plans?

1 Attachment(s)
Last New Years Eve the wonderful Ash1 :wub: organised the most fantastic beach party, conveniently over the road from us so walking/stumbling distance!:thumbsup: It was a great night with a fire, kid's playing, a wonderful sunset, wine, food and great company.

Then the antisocial minx moved over the bridge to Omokoroa ... :(

Currently I am still hopefully checking the mail box and voicemail everyday for an invitation to something exciting ... thus far nothing planned .... boo hoo.

What are all you lovely people doing?

Attached is a photo of last years about 8:30/9PM

simonmarkellis Dec 29th 2008 9:23 am

Re: New Years Eve Plans?

Well the Porirua Possee are congragating round our place for an evening of Karioke, hot tubs and the odd bevvie or two. Your more than welcome to pop in!

Am Loolah Dec 29th 2008 9:38 am

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 7106125)
Well the Porirua Possee are congragating round our place for an evening of Karioke, hot tubs and the odd bevvie or two. Your more than welcome to pop in!

Wow - you really don't want me round there after several bottles of Bolly, not with karaoke and hot tubSSSSS. When I'm pickled I think I am one of the following 3 things - or worse case scenario ... All of them;

1.) Very Attractive.
2.) Very Funny.
3.) Can Sing.

:o:eek::lol:

If Karonious is making a guest appearance please tell her I couldn't get through on her landline (may have old number) and left her a voicemail on her mobile! Thank you operator!

Have a fab night and don't forget to post lots of pics afterwards!!!:rofl:

custard creams Dec 29th 2008 9:50 am

Hi, thanks for the invitation, count us in, we can bring beer, wine and party poppers , also 1 six year old & 1 eleven year old.
Brilliant of you arrange a beach New Years Party!
Let us know if we can be of help,

thanks, good as gold!:shades_smile::shades_smile:

irnbru14 Dec 29th 2008 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 7106125)

And the Welly posse(!?!) will be keeping it metropolitan on Hogmanay! Just hoping for a fab night weather wise!!

Oh happy new year folks! :D

kiwichicks Dec 30th 2008 9:14 am

We are going to the local club where I can take the kids ( 11 and 16 ) have tea and hopefully a good dance:ohmy:
Sorry Porirua Possee missed your invite, well maybe next time we shall all meet;)
Happy New Year to everyone

D:thumbsup:

P2L Dec 31st 2008 5:00 am

Sleeping!!!!! :D:D:D

Just got back from a fab few days up in Golden Bay. Too much beer and not enough sleep:p. We are home long enough to do the washing and cut the grass then off again to...........

HAPPY NEW YEAR BRITISH EXPATS
wherever in the world you are xxxxx

P2L :wub::wub::wub:
(aka KEV&SARAH)

BEVS Dec 31st 2008 5:28 am

Originally Posted by P2L (Post 7113692)
Sleeping!!!!! :D:D:D

Just got back from a fab few days up in Golden Bay.

Didn't think to call in on us then on your way back. :sneaky: I got good fizz and :beer: here y'know.

We will not be going to the party up in Wakefield as planned.
Me and him will be cozying on down :wub: quietly before I leave tomoz .

Otherwise, it would have been us doing our usual until the early hours. :eek:

P2L Dec 31st 2008 6:43 am

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 7113715)
Didn't think to call in on us then on your way back. :sneaky: I got good fizz and :beer: here y'know.

We will not be going to the party up in Wakefield as planned.
Me and him will be cozying on down :wub: quietly before I leave tomoz .

Otherwise, it would have been us doing our usual until the early hours. :eek:

We did think of you though :wub:
Happy New Year Marian. Safe journey ;)

UKNZAUS Dec 31st 2008 7:28 pm

We spent the morning searching for and booking accomodation for BOP, then an afternoon playing cricket at the park with the kids, chasing them on their new bikes and trying to not to get sunburnt. Then spent the later afternoon on the beach with our very good Aussie friends and kids frolicking in the sea, getting covered in sand and then back to ours for a BBQ, small drinky's (:o) and a sleepover!

No hangover today but Carl is dying peacefully in his sleep on the sofa... well kids are jumping all over him and he's not moved or grunted yet so better just go and check his pulse :lol:

Oh and this morning we had to practically wrestle a man from our garden!! He thought he could park up on our bloody lawn and go off down the beach (we're a sneeze from the beach and our driveway leads down to it!) and he was miffed when we moved him on... the bloody cheek!

Happy New Year one and all. May it bring you your every wish and desire xx

Kiwiprincess Jan 3rd 2009 11:59 am

I was housesitting in Wilton, Wellington. I stayed inside with a friend, drank a fair bit of Champagne (champage, not methode - although I have no prob with methode) and watched DVDs.

Boring but I loved it.

Andrew Cross Jan 5th 2009 12:05 am

I was planning an early night as I had a 4am start on New Years Day, but actually spent it at Christchurch Hospital with my son who dislocated his ankle and broke his leg in two places, he now knows he is not Spiderman :D
I also think the staff at the hospital were amazing !!!!

Maz1 Jan 5th 2009 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross (Post 7126874)
I was planning an early night as I had a 4am start on New Years Day, but actually spent it at Christchurch Hospital with my son who dislocated his ankle and broke his leg in two places, he now knows he is not Spiderman :D
I also think the staff at the hospital were amazing !!!!

Hi there, hope he is feeling ok now:thumbsup:

Andrew Cross Jan 6th 2009 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Maz1 (Post 7130641)
Hi there, hope he is feeling ok now:thumbsup:

He is home now with a cast up to his crotch. PM me all your news hun x:)

ohnojo Jan 6th 2009 8:27 am

No - share it !!