British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   New To Site not new to NZ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/new-site-not-new-nz-658101/)

Craftsman Mar 6th 2010 4:15 pm

New To Site not new to NZ!

Hi All

Found this site via face book and thought I might be able to help with some of the forum questions.

My wife, two boys (now men) moved out to NZ in 1995, we live between Palmerston North & Wanganui or Whanganui (what ever way you want to spell it!). Originally from the UK.

New Zealand has been good to us and we are extremely happy to call NZ our home and we really can't see ourselves living anywhere else in the world, it's been hard at times but the results are good.

Hopefully I can help others with my experiences to make the move.

Cheers

Dewb09 Mar 6th 2010 5:07 pm

Re: New To Site not new to NZ!

Hi & welcome :thumbsup: always good to have people living in NZ passing on invaluable advice, no doubt will badger you with questions at some point :thumbup:

Dewb

RobDon Mar 6th 2010 6:20 pm

:thumbup: Hello & Welcome from us too :thumbup:

willand tina_h Mar 6th 2010 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by RobDon (Post 8399664)
:thumbup: Hello & Welcome from us too :thumbup:

welcome to us too :D great to have another family with experience to help us newbies out, lol.

Tina, x

127luton Mar 6th 2010 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Craftsman (Post 8399443)
Hi All

Found this site via face book and thought I might be able to help with some of the forum questions.

My wife, two boys (now men) moved out to NZ in 1995, we live between Palmerston North & Wanganui or Whanganui (what ever way you want to spell it!). Originally from the UK.

New Zealand has been good to us and we are extremely happy to call NZ our home and we really can't see ourselves living anywhere else in the world, it's been hard at times but the results are good.

Hopefully I can help others with my experiences to make the move.

Cheers

hi and welcome!
Berni
xxx;)

Am Loolah Mar 6th 2010 10:00 pm

Hi Craftsman and welcome to BE!:thumbsup:

All input greatly appreciated. Thanks for the offer.:thumbup:

Craftsman Mar 7th 2010 4:41 am

Thanks all, I'll give no holds barred answers to any questions, if I know the answer.......... so fire away!! I'm an employer myself in NZ, know the labour rules as well as a mind load of uselesss information! hahaha :blink:

BTW originally raised in Portsmouth but spent many years in Chester, working around North Wales ( yes Will & Tina a lovely country) and Liverpool.

I am an electrician by trade, so have some good knowledge in that area, operate 7 contracts throughout the North Island for Local Authorities (Councils), so know my way around the system.

But sorry not a lot of knowledge about our South Island...hahaha haven't got there yet!!

Oh yes and I love fishing, eating out and long treks along the beach in the 4wd...

Cheers

Honeybug Mar 22nd 2010 8:13 pm

Best Fly Fishing is in the South!!
We have some great places to eat and some very long tramping tracks!
We do all of the above.
You should come down sometime and visit the beautiful SOUTH:thumbsup:
Bed awaits if your ever interested!

Jan n Neil Mar 22nd 2010 8:16 pm

Welcome, Be carefull if u go to Honeybugs i know for a fact there is no cheeseboard after dinner :p