Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New To Site not new to NZ!

New To Site not new to NZ!

Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:15 pm
Banned

Craftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant future
Default New To Site not new to NZ!

Hi All

Found this site via face book and thought I might be able to help with some of the forum questions.

My wife, two boys (now men) moved out to NZ in 1995, we live between Palmerston North & Wanganui or Whanganui (what ever way you want to spell it!). Originally from the UK.

New Zealand has been good to us and we are extremely happy to call NZ our home and we really can't see ourselves living anywhere else in the world, it's been hard at times but the results are good.

Hopefully I can help others with my experiences to make the move.

Cheers
Old Mar 6th 2010, 5:07 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New To Site not new to NZ!

Hi & welcome always good to have people living in NZ passing on invaluable advice, no doubt will badger you with questions at some point

Dewb
Old Mar 6th 2010, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & Welcome from us too
Old Mar 6th 2010, 8:45 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RobDon
Hello & Welcome from us too
welcome to us too great to have another family with experience to help us newbies out, lol.

Tina, x
Old Mar 6th 2010, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Craftsman
Hi All

Found this site via face book and thought I might be able to help with some of the forum questions.

My wife, two boys (now men) moved out to NZ in 1995, we live between Palmerston North & Wanganui or Whanganui (what ever way you want to spell it!). Originally from the UK.

New Zealand has been good to us and we are extremely happy to call NZ our home and we really can't see ourselves living anywhere else in the world, it's been hard at times but the results are good.

Hopefully I can help others with my experiences to make the move.

Cheers
hi and welcome!
Berni
xxx
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:00 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Craftsman and welcome to BE!

All input greatly appreciated. Thanks for the offer.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 4:41 am
Banned

Craftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant futureCraftsman has a brilliant future

Thanks all, I'll give no holds barred answers to any questions, if I know the answer.......... so fire away!! I'm an employer myself in NZ, know the labour rules as well as a mind load of uselesss information! hahaha

BTW originally raised in Portsmouth but spent many years in Chester, working around North Wales ( yes Will & Tina a lovely country) and Liverpool.

I am an electrician by trade, so have some good knowledge in that area, operate 7 contracts throughout the North Island for Local Authorities (Councils), so know my way around the system.

But sorry not a lot of knowledge about our South Island...hahaha haven't got there yet!!

Oh yes and I love fishing, eating out and long treks along the beach in the 4wd...

Cheers

Last edited by Craftsman; Mar 7th 2010 at 4:49 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Honeybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really nice

Best Fly Fishing is in the South!!
We have some great places to eat and some very long tramping tracks!
We do all of the above.
You should come down sometime and visit the beautiful SOUTH
Bed awaits if your ever interested!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome, Be carefull if u go to Honeybugs i know for a fact there is no cheeseboard after dinner