Reload this Page >

New member: Hello!

New member: Hello!

Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

karen87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New member: Hello!

Hi everyone,

I've been a long time reader, but never posted until now (I hope this post is in the right place), and this forum has been a wealth of useful information, so thank you very much!

My partner and I have 12 month WHV's and we're heading out to New Zealand in May 2015, we land in Auckland on the 23rd May to be precise.

We've considered moving over to New Zealand for a couple of years, but we're still not 100% committed and we didn't want to go down the Skilled Migrant Visa route until we're sure the move is right for us, hence the WHV's. We hope this will give us a chance to decide whether we want to permanently move, and most importantly whether we can find permanent jobs related to our current employment, which is Contaminated Land Consultant (partner) and School Laboratory Technician (me).

Anyway, just wanted to say hello, and thanks again for all the useful information on here.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:56 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member: Hello!

Hi Karen and welcome to our little piece of BE. not sure on the job front but have a look round seek and trademe and see what comes up
Old Nov 13th 2014, 5:00 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and Welcome!
Glad to hear we've been of help Just ask away if you have any queries
P x
Old Nov 13th 2014, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome Karen. Sorry I can't help with the jobs either but good luck with your plans. Nothing ventured, nothing gained
Old Nov 14th 2014, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Hello and welcome Karen. Sorry I can't help with the jobs either but good luck with your plans. Nothing ventured, nothing gained
Yes, exactly! We feel like if we don't do it now, then we never will.

One question I do have...Strictly speaking, when we're in NZ, how acceptable is it to network/apply/be interviewed for a permanent job related to our current UK jobs, whilst holding the WHV? My point is, I don't want to break the WHV rules, because it states we can only be employed on temporary contracts. From what I've read though, people have been able to move from a WHV to a Temporary of Skilled Migrant Visa, once a job offer has been made.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 7:43 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

There should be no problems going for interviews for permanent jobs. You are in the country legitimately and can work [albeit temp]
As long as you get a more permanent visa before you start working then you'll be fine.
In fact NZIS accept that those who are in the country as visitors can go for job interviews as long as they are there mainly for a visit
Old Nov 14th 2014, 7:44 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

you can have two visa going at once so you can uplift a more permanent one off the back of a job offer from the WH one. You just have to make sure that you do have all the relevant qualifications and years experience required for a more permanent visa
Old Nov 15th 2014, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for the replies, that's good to know.