British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   New Job! Hoorah! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/new-job-hoorah-422649/)

Wiz'n'Ton Jan 31st 2007 12:10 am

New Job! Hoorah!

Am sitting here, at my new desk, on my spanky new computer, on the first day of my new job.

Instant internet access, and I am connected to the world again. Hoorah! :)

Pleased to report that life in Christchurch, 2 weeks in, is treating us well, and we are enjoying things so far. Weather is good, beach (we went yesterday) was great, and here's to a good summer for us.

For all you people teeterng on the edge of emmigrating, I'd say (from my massive, 2 week, in-depth experience! :p ) 'come on in, the water's lovely!' :D

Wiz

Apple12 Jan 31st 2007 12:17 am

Re: New Job! Hoorah!

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 4343848)
Am sitting here, at my new desk, on my spanky new computer, on the first day of my new job.

Pleased to report that life in Christchurch, 2 weeks in, is treating us well, and we are enjoying things so far. Weather is good, beach (we went yesterday) was great, and here's to a good summer for us.

For all you people teeterng on the edge of emmigrating, I'd say (from my massive, 2 week, in-depth experience! :p ) 'come on in, the water's lovely!' :D

Wiz

I wanna be the first in the queue to congratulate you! =)

Yay for you guys, congrats and all the best. It sounds like you have got off to a flying start.
Hope it keeps going well for you, and that Toni gets sorted for a job too.

Jude J Jan 31st 2007 12:35 am

And I wanna be second :D
Well done. Have you actually done any work yet? Or just sitting there with your new stuff keeping it tidy?

Wiz'n'Ton Jan 31st 2007 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Jude J (Post 4343907)
And I wanna be second :D
Well done. Have you actually done any work yet? Or just sitting there with your new stuff keeping it tidy?

Hahahahaaaa ;) Just sitting at my desk, drinking tea, and reading boring company documents. Just found out that they're flying me to Auckland next week for 3 days of 'training'. Sweet! :D Toni's coming too, so 2 nights of hotel debauchery is a'comin' - can't be bad. Know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more ;)

Jude J Jan 31st 2007 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 4344000)
Hahahahaaaa ;) Just sitting at my desk, drinking tea, and reading boring company documents. Just found out that they're flying me to Auckland next week for 3 days of 'training'. Sweet! :D Toni's coming too, so 2 nights of hotel debauchery is a'comin' - can't be bad. Know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more ;)

Lucky you ;)
I remember those days, feeling all free and independant cos the kids were getting to the age they could be left for the odd weekend. On our second 'odd' weekend away, went to Taupo and I came back up the duff!!! Bl00dy Taupo, honestly.:blink:
Just you be careful eh? :)

Maz Jan 31st 2007 1:34 am

Many many congrats Wiz woo hoo!!! :beer:

Wiz'n'Ton Jan 31st 2007 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Jude J (Post 4344027)
Lucky you ;)
I remember those days, feeling all free and independant cos the kids were getting to the age they could be left for the odd weekend. On our second 'odd' weekend away, went to Taupo and I came back up the duff!!! Bl00dy Taupo, honestly.:blink:
Just you be careful eh? :)

hahahahaaaa Now THAT made me laugh :lol:

We're gonna steer WELL clear of Taupo for the time being then! ;)

It's all gravy so far though.... let's hope it stays that way!

wiz

Jude J Jan 31st 2007 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 4344223)
hahahahaaaa Now THAT made me laugh :lol:

We're gonna steer WELL clear of Taupo for the time being then! ;)

It's all gravy so far though.... let's hope it stays that way!

wiz

Yes I would ;)

Not sure what you mean by the gravy thing :confused: been away from essex too long maybe! But, yes, hope it stays that way for you too :thumbup:

karonious Jan 31st 2007 5:08 am

Wiz

Karma Wiz'nTon, great to hear you are enjoying life in New Zealand, congratulations on the job.
Karen B

Jack The Lad Jan 31st 2007 11:11 am

Great to hear you are loving it :thumbup:

Best change your location and signature now then :D

Mandie Jan 31st 2007 5:27 pm

Wiz

It's really lovely to hear that things are going well for you and that you're settling in nicely...it's nice to hear those things when we're hoping to move ourselves.
if the trip to Auckland is enjoyed that much i'll be seeing you and your OH in 9 months at Christchurch Womens :eek: !!!!

take care Mandie :D

andy&georgina Jan 31st 2007 5:32 pm

Mandie has you hubby come around to the idea of NZ again ?? :thumbup: :)

Mandie Jan 31st 2007 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by andy&georgina (Post 4347000)
Mandie has you hubby come around to the idea of NZ again ?? :thumbup: :)

NO not really, he blows hot and cold on the idea. we were talking (well i was talking and trying to get him to open up and talk about he's feelings...it was like getting blood out of a stone) anyway, he's still very very unsure about the move and would rather not do it and say no than face the feelings that go with a move to another country. He feels safe where he is and is worried about moving out of his comfort zone.

We're having another 'chat' on friday...so fingers crossed he'll take the bull by the horn and say YES

mazi Jan 31st 2007 9:24 pm

Wiz

You're gonna get the sack using your work computer to look at ex pats...on your first day

andy&georgina Jan 31st 2007 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mandie.H (Post 4347843)
NO not really, he blows hot and cold on the idea. we were talking (well i was talking and trying to get him to open up and talk about he's feelings...it was like getting blood out of a stone) anyway, he's still very very unsure about the move and would rather not do it and say no than face the feelings that go with a move to another country. He feels safe where he is and is worried about moving out of his comfort zone.

We're having another 'chat' on friday...so fingers crossed he'll take the bull by the horn and say YES

Mandie fingers crossed for you - really hope you can come to a compromise that suits you both :D

Has your work contract come through yet?