New Job! Hoorah!

Old Jan 31st 2007, 12:10 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Job! Hoorah!

Am sitting here, at my new desk, on my spanky new computer, on the first day of my new job.

Instant internet access, and I am connected to the world again. Hoorah!

Pleased to report that life in Christchurch, 2 weeks in, is treating us well, and we are enjoying things so far. Weather is good, beach (we went yesterday) was great, and here's to a good summer for us.

For all you people teeterng on the edge of emmigrating, I'd say (from my massive, 2 week, in-depth experience! ) 'come on in, the water's lovely!'

Wiz
Old Jan 31st 2007, 12:17 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Job! Hoorah!

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Am sitting here, at my new desk, on my spanky new computer, on the first day of my new job.

Pleased to report that life in Christchurch, 2 weeks in, is treating us well, and we are enjoying things so far. Weather is good, beach (we went yesterday) was great, and here's to a good summer for us.

For all you people teeterng on the edge of emmigrating, I'd say (from my massive, 2 week, in-depth experience! ) 'come on in, the water's lovely!'

Wiz
I wanna be the first in the queue to congratulate you! =)

Yay for you guys, congrats and all the best. It sounds like you have got off to a flying start.
Hope it keeps going well for you, and that Toni gets sorted for a job too.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

And I wanna be second
Well done. Have you actually done any work yet? Or just sitting there with your new stuff keeping it tidy?
Old Jan 31st 2007, 1:11 am

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J
And I wanna be second
Well done. Have you actually done any work yet? Or just sitting there with your new stuff keeping it tidy?
Hahahahaaaa Just sitting at my desk, drinking tea, and reading boring company documents. Just found out that they're flying me to Auckland next week for 3 days of 'training'. Sweet! Toni's coming too, so 2 nights of hotel debauchery is a'comin' - can't be bad. Know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more
Old Jan 31st 2007, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Hahahahaaaa Just sitting at my desk, drinking tea, and reading boring company documents. Just found out that they're flying me to Auckland next week for 3 days of 'training'. Sweet! Toni's coming too, so 2 nights of hotel debauchery is a'comin' - can't be bad. Know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more
Lucky you
I remember those days, feeling all free and independant cos the kids were getting to the age they could be left for the odd weekend. On our second 'odd' weekend away, went to Taupo and I came back up the duff!!! Bl00dy Taupo, honestly.
Just you be careful eh?
Old Jan 31st 2007, 1:34 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Many many congrats Wiz woo hoo!!!
Old Jan 31st 2007, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Jude J
Lucky you
I remember those days, feeling all free and independant cos the kids were getting to the age they could be left for the odd weekend. On our second 'odd' weekend away, went to Taupo and I came back up the duff!!! Bl00dy Taupo, honestly.
Just you be careful eh?
hahahahaaaa Now THAT made me laugh

We're gonna steer WELL clear of Taupo for the time being then!

It's all gravy so far though.... let's hope it stays that way!

wiz
Old Jan 31st 2007, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

hahahahaaaa Now THAT made me laugh

We're gonna steer WELL clear of Taupo for the time being then!

It's all gravy so far though.... let's hope it stays that way!

wiz
Yes I would

Not sure what you mean by the gravy thing been away from essex too long maybe! But, yes, hope it stays that way for you too
Old Jan 31st 2007, 5:08 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Wiz
Karma Wiz'nTon, great to hear you are enjoying life in New Zealand, congratulations on the job.
Karen B
Old Jan 31st 2007, 11:11 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you are loving it

Best change your location and signature now then
Old Jan 31st 2007, 5:27 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Wiz
It's really lovely to hear that things are going well for you and that you're settling in nicely...it's nice to hear those things when we're hoping to move ourselves.
if the trip to Auckland is enjoyed that much i'll be seeing you and your OH in 9 months at Christchurch Womens !!!!

take care Mandie
Old Jan 31st 2007, 5:32 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Mandie has you hubby come around to the idea of NZ again ??
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:20 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Mandie has you hubby come around to the idea of NZ again ??
NO not really, he blows hot and cold on the idea. we were talking (well i was talking and trying to get him to open up and talk about he's feelings...it was like getting blood out of a stone) anyway, he's still very very unsure about the move and would rather not do it and say no than face the feelings that go with a move to another country. He feels safe where he is and is worried about moving out of his comfort zone.

We're having another 'chat' on friday...so fingers crossed he'll take the bull by the horn and say YES
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Wiz
You're gonna get the sack using your work computer to look at ex pats...on your first day
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:31 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
NO not really, he blows hot and cold on the idea. we were talking (well i was talking and trying to get him to open up and talk about he's feelings...it was like getting blood out of a stone) anyway, he's still very very unsure about the move and would rather not do it and say no than face the feelings that go with a move to another country. He feels safe where he is and is worried about moving out of his comfort zone.

We're having another 'chat' on friday...so fingers crossed he'll take the bull by the horn and say YES
Mandie fingers crossed for you - really hope you can come to a compromise that suits you both

Has your work contract come through yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.