Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New to forums - Moving to Christchurch

New to forums - Moving to Christchurch

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

JBird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to forums - Moving to Christchurch

I am feeling a bit thick trying to work this out. Thought it would be a great way to meet some people as moving to Christchurch, NZ for the first time.

Is anyone out there.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:06 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to forums - Moving to Christchurch

Originally Posted by JBird
I am feeling a bit thick trying to work this out. Thought it would be a great way to meet some people as moving to Christchurch, NZ for the first time.

Is anyone out there.
Hi and welcome to BE. The members who post in the NZ forums are a great bunch and you will find that you will make many friends.

When are you planning on moving?

Sue
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all

Is anyone out there.

Hi and welcome to our little cyber worldAny questions that you have just ask away as there will be someone somewhere who can help you!!When are you hoping to go?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

sueh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jbird, glad to hear someone else new to this! everyone else seems very experienced! -we are moving to Tauranga later this month, I can't beleive how quickly the last few months have gone. I am going to be working at the hospital there. We have two children aged 7 and 16 months. What are your plans once in Christchurch? is it a temporary or permanent move?.
Hope all your immigration stuff going smoothly, we eventually received our visas about 2-3 weeks after sending our paperwork, but because of a job offer it was 'fast tracked'. The thing that held us up was getting all the medical stuff done-which is ironic considering where I work!
Christchurch looks like a amazing place and we aim to visit when we eventually get aroung to exploring S island, just starting a new job, finding a home, new schools,new job for hubby, to get organised in the meantime!.
Anyway gone on far too long, looking forward to hearing from fellow newby.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:56 am
Just Joined

You will love Tauranga. It is a great place. I used to live there before coming back to the UK. It has great weather, a beautiful beach at the MT and a great social scene once you get into it.
Jay
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: New to forums - Moving to Christchurch

My english partner and I move to Christchurch at the end of November. We already have a place to live and a Job for him. I just need to find work. If anyone has any contacts in the airline/travel business please let me know (hehe) as that is the kind of work I would prefer. I have heard Christchurch is a great place and look forward to getting there and making a new start and new friends.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

My english partner and I move to Christchurch at the end of November. We already have a place to live and a Job for him. I just need to find work. If anyone has any contacts in the airline/travel business please let me know (hehe) as that is the kind of work I would prefer. I have heard Christchurch is a great place and look forward to getting there and making a new start and new friends.
We live in chch. Only been here a few week but seems like a good place (well except from the big hail stones yesturday!)

Give us a shout when you get here and i'll buy you a pint..
Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:46 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dustybin
Give us a shout when you get here and i'll buy you a pint..
Seconded!

Lovely day today, and you're coming at exactly the right time. Look forward to poss meeting up.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: New to forums - Moving to Christchurch

That's sounds great. When I get access to my NZ Phone network and landed I will drop you a line.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

loutho will become famous soon enoughloutho will become famous soon enough

Hi Sue, hope you don't mind me asking, did you go through an agency or direct to the hospital/health board for your job?
Thanks Louise
Ps good luck with everything!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

sueh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loutho
Hi Sue, hope you don't mind me asking, did you go through an agency or direct to the hospital/health board for your job?
Thanks Louise
Ps good luck with everything!
Hi Louise, I saw the job advertised in a professional journal, and applied on line- after a telephone interview (a strange experience) I was offered the job.
The offer has made the immigration process easier, we decided to apply for permanent residency and were luck enough to get it!. Hope that helps Sue
Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sueh
Hi Jbird, glad to hear someone else new to this! everyone else seems very experienced! -we are moving to Tauranga later this month, I can't beleive how quickly the last few months have gone. I am going to be working at the hospital there. We have two children aged 7 and 16 months. What are your plans once in Christchurch? is it a temporary or permanent move?.
Hope all your immigration stuff going smoothly, we eventually received our visas about 2-3 weeks after sending our paperwork, but because of a job offer it was 'fast tracked'. The thing that held us up was getting all the medical stuff done-which is ironic considering where I work!
Christchurch looks like a amazing place and we aim to visit when we eventually get aroung to exploring S island, just starting a new job, finding a home, new schools,new job for hubby, to get organised in the meantime!.
Anyway gone on far too long, looking forward to hearing from fellow newby.

hiya!
taurangas great! we been here 2 yrs now..kids love it! another couple moving out really soon and she workin at tauranga hospital too!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: New to forums - Moving to Christchurch

Hiya

The hospital seems the be the place for people to work. I know a couple of people who work at the hospital. My ex flat mate is there as well. She is English.
The visa for James is all sorted now so we are just biding out time before we fly into Christchurch. Can't wait. we get there in 6 weeks.
Will be floating around in Tauranga for a few weeks over xmas as my mum lives there.
Looking forward to hearing from more Bristish Expats. You have all been great.