New Build Properties

New Build Properties

Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:51 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: New Build Properties

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
Now for a real answer to your question.
Yours is not the only 'real answer' . It is a good post based on one sole experience. Your own.

On a budget of $300,000 plus a mortgage you can acquire a section and build a house
That very much depends on where you settle in NZ. The above of $300K may be relevant to your area , house builds and sections similar to your own.

There are very many variables involved in building costs. If one is discussing added costs, these can start at the very beginning when choosing a section. The base slab can be far more expensive if building on certain types of ground or on a sloping section.

Costs can vary greatly depending where in NZ you choose to settle. $300K wouldn't get you much in Nelson.

However, I think the OP was rather after a ball park figure to get them started.

Originally Posted by fitzandindiana
Does anyone know of a link for new build properties in nz
I hope you found the links useful.

If you are enjoying browsing the sites, here are some more.

A list of kitset home sites.

Eco homes and a site about Straw Bale Homes which are quite popular here, especially on lifestyle blocks.

David Reid Homes

Builders like GJ Gardners will offer house and section packages which can be cost effective & tailored to a budget.