Reload this Page >

New to Auckland - Looking for people to meet

New to Auckland - Looking for people to meet

Old Feb 20th 2009, 2:42 am
Just Joined

barney1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Auckland - Looking for people to meet

Hi There

My names Andy, i'm 28, and i just moved to auckland from wales a couple of days ago. I dont know anyone here whatsoever at the moment and havent started in my new job yet so havent met anyone through that yet. Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere to go to meet up with people or if anyone else is in a similar boat and fancies meetin up.

Cheers Andy
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New to Auckland - Looking for people to meet

Originally Posted by barney1
Hi There

My names Andy, i'm 28, and i just moved to auckland from wales a couple of days ago. I dont know anyone here whatsoever at the moment and havent started in my new job yet so havent met anyone through that yet. Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere to go to meet up with people or if anyone else is in a similar boat and fancies meetin up.

Cheers Andy
Hi Andy and welcome to Auckland,what are have you moved to....Jacky
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:34 am
Just Joined

Hi jacky, im in epsom temporarily but am currently looking for somewhere more permanent. its all a bit strange to be honest...not knowing anyone and all that. Where are you?
Old Feb 21st 2009, 9:57 am
Just Joined

tellybox is just really nicetellybox is just really nicetellybox is just really nicetellybox is just really nicetellybox is just really nicetellybox is just really nicetellybox is just really nicetellybox is just really nice

Hey dude,
I've been here a couple of months now, and having done some travelling, of the North Island, have settled in Ponsonby and start a job on Monday.
Now my pad and job are sorted, looking to sort out my social life now.
Give me a shout if you fancy a beer mate.
Martin

Hey

I moved here on Jan 5th too, I came from London, I was at home for 6 months after returning from a year in Sydney and Oz.
Start my new job on Monday, and like you, dont go too mental on a school night, but up for some beers of a weekend if you want....
Dont worry about your friends at home either, you'll find that literally, nothing changes, they still have the same problems and issues. Whereas, your life is going to continually change for the next three years, embrace it! (And do lots of boasting to people back home - feels good

Martin

Last edited by BEVS; May 5th 2009 at 11:50 am.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Oright mate

Yeah all up for meeting up for a beer. glad to here the others people in the same situation as me. I'm not all that far from ponsonby so could grab a pint around there or in town somewhere if you fancy. Wouldn't mind bending your ear about what places are good to see on the north island if you've done a bit of travelling. Have you got a phone number you can send me and i'll drop you a text my email's <snip> if you dont want to put it up on here.

Nice one

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 11th 2009 at 12:50 am. Reason: Not wise to put up personal email or phone numbers on an open forum. Please use the PM or BE email function . Thanks
Old Feb 26th 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

We have just arrived the last couple of days, based for the first month in Albany North Shore.

Still cannot believe that we have finally got here.

Karen
Old Feb 26th 2009, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Hi,

We have just arrived the last couple of days, based for the first month in Albany North Shore.

Still cannot believe that we have finally got here.

Karen
Hi Karen, I've pm'd you.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:15 am
Just Joined

ajayshah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

my wife and I have been in AKL for about a month, living in the city centre, trying to find work is tough at the moment. am up for meeting for a pint for sure, not sure how much advise I have, but a game of pool and a drink is never a bad thing!

i have a mobile

we are both from London, i am 30 and Kay (my wife) is 27.

let me know if you want to hook up..

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 11th 2009 at 12:51 am. Reason: Not wise to put up personal email or phone numbers on an open forum. Please use the PM or BE email function . Thanks
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

Hi everyone. Me and my partner have been here for nearly 6-months. So if anyone wants some help and wants to be shown around just send me a PM. We live in the City Centre so easy to get to.

Jay
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:20 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

would love you to help,please get in touch.
Old May 17th 2009, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Sarah Nairn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by barney1
Hi There

Cheers Andy
Hi There
I'd be keen to meet up - im scottish - live centrally
-if you want to catch up / if you've got a wee group together even better

cheers

Sarah
Old May 27th 2009, 3:44 am
Just Joined

Mzungu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Been in Auckland for six months.. always up for a beer and new faces..
Cheers
Matt
Old May 29th 2009, 9:01 am
Just Joined

kiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to all

hey guys,

We'd definately be up for a beer and good chat. Im from UK, hubby is kiwi and we have a 3year old boy. Been living in Hawera for last 6 months. I start work on Tuesday and we're shifting up sat, so we'll have the long weekend to settle in. We're based in Sunnyhills, Pakuranga but willing to travel at weekends.

Im really ready for a familiar/friendly story after living in the sticks for so long. Pint, pork scratchings and pool sound excellent!

Simone
Old Aug 25th 2009, 2:25 am
Just Joined

ajayshah is an unknown quantity at this point

hey everyone,

shall we try and arrange a meetup in AKl, somewhere central could be good... not sure when suits, i guess we will never find a day to suit everyone..

am keen for a pint, game of pool...

drop me a PM if anyone fancies it.. just me and my wife at the moment..

who's up fot it!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

drcallycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there everyone - I'm maybe a bit premature but I'll be arriving in Auckland on November 15th!!! Can't wait but also scared to death. Hoping I'll like it and meet lots of really cool people. I am staying with a mate in St Heliers for a few weeks till I find a place to rent but I have 3 cats so hope the landlords don't hold that against me. If anyone wants to get in touch and say hi, I'd love to meet some of you once I get there.

Cheers, Clare

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.