New to all this.

Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:20 am
It Was Here This Morning

Want2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really nice
Default New to all this.

Hi,
My name is Paul(Lovely wife & 2 Beautiful kids) we are new on this site and we are looking @ moving to NZ.
Any info you may have for us feel free to reply.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:36 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to all this.

Originally Posted by Want2goNow
Hi,
My name is Paul(Lovely wife & 2 Beautiful kids) we are new on this site and we are looking @ moving to NZ.
Any info you may have for us feel free to reply.

Thanks in advance
Ask away but do a thread search or look through at least the first 3 pages for any info. I'm new here, also, but the info already here and the help given by all the members is proving invaluable.

Congrats on the decision, just get ready for the rollercoaster of emotion you now face!!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:43 am
It Was Here This Morning

Want2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really nice

sirplug thanks for the reply,

when we go we are looking at Auckland or Wellington.
We are just so nervous @ the mo.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:58 am

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

sirplug thanks for the reply,

when we go we are looking at Auckland or Wellington.
We are just so nervous @ the mo.
Don't worry, we all go through it. It's a big move. You just need to concentrate on the original reasons behind your decision to move, something made you search this site and the country out. For me, it's to give my kids a better start away from the crime, pollution and general downhill path the UK is hellbent on following.

And to have a childhood as I remember, playing out with your mates, on long adventures without worrying about who or what's around the corner.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:03 am
It Was Here This Morning

Hi, I agree with you we have two young kids and we panic if they walk 50 yards ahead of us.
The UK is dying and we want out ASAP.

Yes back in the day when you could leave the house with your mates @ 8AM and not get back until 6PM and no one would be worried.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:05 am

Hi, I agree with you we have two young kids and we panic if they walk 50 yards ahead of us.

Yes back in the day when you could leave the house with your mates @ 8AM and not get back until 6PM and no one would be worried.
Race you over there...go!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:10 am
It Was Here This Morning

If you do not mind me asking how long did your EOI take and what skills do you have.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:27 am

If you do not mind me asking how long did your EOI take and what skills do you have.
EOI submitted feb 10th, selected feb 14th and passed on April 9th. I'm now waiting for the ITA to arrive, which is on a 4 week backlog. This is the lengthy bit, I keep being told. That and selling the house!

I've got 140 points without a job offer. I'm fortunate to have a trade but it is one I'm no longer working in. I'm a qualified auto mechanic with 10+yrs experience, an HGV 1 driver with 7+yrs on road experience and am currently working as a Transport Planning Manager, so I've got a good mix to choose from, when we go over!

Hopefully
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:39 am
It Was Here This Morning

Wow,

If I get this Qualifcation then our points will be about 150 points, but do they still deduct points if you wish to settle in Auckland.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:49 am

Wow,

If I get this Qualifcation then our points will be about 150 points, but do they still deduct points if you wish to settle in Auckland.
Not sure on that one.
I thought they added points if you settle outside of Auckland but the points, initially, remain the same.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

I've been in Wellington 10 years - my sons were late teens/early twenties then - they all said they felt so.... safe, here.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
I've been in Wellington 10 years - my sons were late teens/early twenties then - they all said they felt so.... safe, here.
Is it still. The UK has gone down hill drastically in 10 years.I went to S Africa for a year, 7 years back and noticed a difference when I came back then
Old Apr 21st 2007, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Welcome to the forum. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. We can't wait to get out of this country either. Same reasons as you, two young children to consider
Old Apr 21st 2007, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by suzi n steve
Welcome to the forum. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. We can't wait to get out of this country either. Same reasons as you, two young children to consider
And as you're from the gun capital of the UK, I don't blame you. Which bit are you from?

I'm originally from mucky Hucknall, now in Mansfield.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Originally Posted by sirplug
And as you're from the gun capital of the UK, I don't blame you. Which bit are you from?

I'm originally from mucky Hucknall, now in Mansfield.

Live in Beeston - turned into student city. Nottingham never used to be like this. I hate living here now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.