Nelson Area

Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all
Default Nelson Area

Hi There

Can anyone give any insight into the nicer areas of Nelson to live please (and maybe the not so nicer ones too)?

Thanks
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Nelson Area

Originally Posted by Reylan
Hi There

Can anyone give any insight into the nicer areas of Nelson to live please (and maybe the not so nicer ones too)?

Thanks
Do you mean the city & close surrounds or the district.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

Hi Bevs, more interested in the suburbs and perhaps Tasman way - but would be interested to know if any areas in the city are okay too. We are looking to rent for now with a view to buy later.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:40 pm
`

Hi Bevs, more interested in the suburbs and perhaps Tasman way - but would be interested to know if any areas in the city are okay too. We are looking to rent for now with a view to buy later.
OK. Any wants/do not wants?
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, bit vague wasn't I. Only looking for a small place not right in town but happy with an estate. Was thinking possibly Richmond or Stoke - but don't really know the areas very well. Just want somewhere quiet (ish), shops in driving distance (20 mins+ fine). Not sure I'm making any sense here as we hae only just started looking around. Also looked at Motueka which we like (as we've passed through) but don't really know.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 12:04 am
`

Sorry, bit vague wasn't I. Only looking for a small place not right in town but happy with an estate. Was thinking possibly Richmond or Stoke - but don't really know the areas very well. Just want somewhere quiet (ish), shops in driving distance (20 mins+ fine). Not sure I'm making any sense here as we hae only just started looking around. Also looked at Motueka which we like (as we've passed through) but don't really know.
In my opinion, Motueka is up and coming. It has improved in leaps and bounds over the past decade. Facilities are a bit sparse but house prices will be easier on the purse and rentals may be easier to find at a reasonable rate.

Tasman is in between Motueka and Richmond. You will drive everywhere. If you know this is the area for you then you need to be quick. It is coming into 'the season' and rentals will be snapped up for long lets up and over the summer.

Richmond is suburbia and the sub-divisions are growing by the day. It has all the facilities close to hand .

Stoke is considered more for the older person. I am not sure why. It is a perfectly fine area close to both Richmond and Nelson & all facilities and shopping.

Both would be a good base to be central whilst you settle on where you wish to ....settle.

There is a small area around or between Stoke / Richmond to avoid. A rental may seem cheaper but there is a reason for that. I will ask himself what the name of the road is.

Brightwater is out a little but easily within 20 mins of Richmond.

Nelson . It is generally thought that the area around the hospital or Victory is not too good in general.
With Brook and Wood , areas of Nelson, it pays to check out the hills and so the sun.
Port Hills are nice and hilly and windy.
Tahunanui is a mixed bag.

Atawhai is right out on a limb really and perhaps not the best base to start with.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks very much Bevs, that's great info.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 12:08 am
`

Thanks very much Bevs, that's great info.
It is not much but it is a little start.

Give a shout here if you narrow your search. I may be able to give feedback. MrBEVS gets around the entire area much more than I do so I can ask him.