Nelson

Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:17 pm
sbd
Just Joined

sbd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nelson

Hello all

We have just returned from our recci and loved NZ

Unfortunately we only managed to get to the North island (we only had 11 days out there)

We loved Matamata, Taupo and Bay of Plenty (although we didn't visit Tauranga)

However we found that Rotorua was not for us. It felt sooo big.

So my question is a job has been advertised at Nelson (which is the place i really wanted to go to).

Is Nelson a big city .

How does it compare in size etc to Rotorua???

Thanks
Old Apr 27th 2008, 10:48 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nelson

Originally Posted by sbd
Hello all

We have just returned from our recci and loved NZ

Unfortunately we only managed to get to the North island (we only had 11 days out there)

We loved Matamata, Taupo and Bay of Plenty (although we didn't visit Tauranga)

However we found that Rotorua was not for us. It felt sooo big.

So my question is a job has been advertised at Nelson (which is the place i really wanted to go to).

Is Nelson a big city .

How does it compare in size etc to Rotorua???

Thanks
Nelson is prob about the same size as Rotorua with a population of around 50000. This is supposed to double in summer months when tourism goes crazy. We have lived here for about 18 months (moved from Welly) and love the area. The city itself has most things we need (shopping not as good as welly) and the surrounding area is also fantastic. We are only about 1 hour from ski fields in winter and during the summer there are some fantastic beaches. Weather is very good and definately one of if not the sunnist part on NZ. Anything you specifically want to know ask away...
Darren
Old Apr 27th 2008, 11:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Nelson

Nelson will feel smaller that Rotorua IMO but a fair bit larger than Taupo.

It is a small city . You can drive for half an hour and be out of the CBD into countryside. Nelson and Bays is a tourist destination so is busier during the summer.