Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

need a decent womens' hairdresser's in Christchurch!

need a decent womens' hairdresser's in Christchurch!

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice
Default need a decent womens' hairdresser's in Christchurch!

I had my first NZ hairdressing experience today and it wasn't great. Can anyone in Christchurch recommend a decent women's hairdresser? I love the whole girly salon experience thing - mags, cup or glass of something (wine? ) and generally being pampered. I work in the city centre so a city salon would be ideal.
Thanks!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

ohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really nice
Default Re: need a decent womens' hairdresser's in Christchurch!

I was going to jump in and recommend mine as they are great but they're not in the city.
Ah well - if you fancy a drive to the sea side they're in New Brighton called " Simply Red " really up to date, bril with cuts and colours,new mags, and proper coffee
Old Jan 25th 2009, 10:02 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmandKen
I had my first NZ hairdressing experience today and it wasn't great. Can anyone in Christchurch recommend a decent women's hairdresser? I love the whole girly salon experience thing - mags, cup or glass of something (wine? ) and generally being pampered. I work in the city centre so a city salon would be ideal.
Thanks!

Have you been to Rodney Waynes in Riccarton?? Got a friend that loves them
Will be interested to see what th results are cos we are relocating down your 'nick' of the woods next week.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

Oh dear ... sorry to hear that .... just the experience wasn't good, or the haircut?

Was just thinking this morning that my hair NEEDS a cut. Been here 5 months, and haven't braved the hairdressers yet.

So, any recs for some in Kaiapoi? Otherwise, I shall just have to take the plunge and keep my pinkies crossed.

Oh, and whilst we're at it ... what is the cost of a chop?

Ta,

Lou
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:47 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou
Oh dear ... sorry to hear that .... just the experience wasn't good, or the haircut?

Was just thinking this morning that my hair NEEDS a cut. Been here 5 months, and haven't braved the hairdressers yet.

So, any recs for some in Kaiapoi? Otherwise, I shall just have to take the plunge and keep my pinkies crossed.

Oh, and whilst we're at it ... what is the cost of a chop?

Ta,

Lou
Hi my friend works in Kaiapoi and she is from the UK she works in just one that does mainly cuts and I have had her do my own hair AND ITS BEEN FINE I will PM you with Jays place of work, its just over the river on the left hand side but some days she only works part time but works sunday am only
Hope this will help you cost $10/20 THATS ALL
Lin
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:53 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EmandKen
Thanks!
HI Can you get to MERIVALE ITS A good hairdressers and above Ray White Office, the owner Sue is good but it will cost $125.00 you get the coffee or tea shame not the wine I will pm you with the number
Lin
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice

Thanks guys for the recommendations. Will check out the New Brighton one as it's in our neck of the woods. $125 is a bit steep for me unfortunately. A girl I work with has told me about her sister who works at a salon on Manchester St so will check that out too as it's near my work.

The haridresser and the cut weren't too good and I was hoping for a glass or cup of something and got nothing, all for $70! Thanks for all your help.