Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

nasty hurtful remarks.

nasty hurtful remarks.

Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all
Default Re: nasty hurtful remarks.

Originally Posted by bird family
i think that canada may have to be the answer so will have to do some researc into areas, employment etc. thanks
Good luck with whatever you decide, my friend emigrating there last year and loves it, but then everyone wants differant things from life!!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:14 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP, if it really is your dream to live in NZ then I'm a little surprised at how easily you appear to be giving up on it.

Immigration, almost by definition, is one big gamble. Some perceived risks around getting the paperwork through, in my mind shouldn't put you off, if you want it enough. Moving somewhere just because the door looks more open, doesn't seem right to me.

I'll put it another way, I have seen many people move to NZ with much greater barriers in front of them than yourselves, and most made it look easy.

By all means do lots of research on 'all your options', but please don't discount NZ solely because an immigration consultant says it looks risky (which in most cases really just means he or she thinks their fee is at risk).

All the best whatever you do...
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:04 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

The OP said that people on this message board had been hurtful and shattered her dreams of living in New Zealand.

When it was pointed out that the OP's dreams were rather fickle and that they seemed happy to live anywhere and that people hadn't been 'hurtful' but merely given her advice that she didn't want to hear, people rallied round and agreed with the OP that she should ignore the 'hurtful' remarks and keep living the dream!

What obviously annoys me......is that all the people who agree with me only do so via PM and bleedin' karma points so I'm left out in the open AGAIN looking like a pantomime villain!:curse::curse:

Where does this ridiculous idea that this message board is 'hurtful' come from? It's like a giant toilet paper commercial full of puppies and (in NZ) cupids with soft, soft background music....

I'm genuinely interested in how the 'hurtful brigade' live their lives. They must walk around in a permanent state of pained astonishment....

(a bit like Gary Glitter when he was on Top of the Pops...)
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:08 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Watch out behind you!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Avid
Where does this ridiculous idea that this message board is 'hurtful' come from? It's like a giant toilet paper commercial full of puppies and (in NZ) cupids with soft, soft background music....
chuckle, you do step in where angels fear to tread Avid... you could always try a little tact.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:24 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dlmckay
chuckle, you do step in where angels fear to tread Avid... you could always try a little tact.
I am being tactful!

I've just got to start using more of those bleedin' fat yellow face things
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

I am being tactful!

Gawd help the board when you start talking straight then!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

What obviously annoys me......is that all the people who agree with me only do so via PM and bleedin' karma points so I'm left out in the open AGAIN looking like a pantomime villain!:curse::curse:
Don't worry.......

If the forum has its way we'll all live happily ever after, together in the end and the audience will cheer...........HURRAH!!!

Life's seemingly meant to be a fairy tale here not a panto.....don't you know that by now?
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

MandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really nice

I am being tactful!

Avid, i think you're hilarious, keep up the good work
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:49 am
Baa Baa

KiwiKate will become famous soon enoughKiwiKate will become famous soon enough

I can't believe that anyone has allowed themselves to become upset by Aphid!!! How very amusing
Old Nov 1st 2007, 3:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm left out in the open AGAIN looking like a pantomime villain!
Nope. You are out there with me , 'cept I'm the bum end of the panto horse .
I have stated the board doesn't deserve the thread title & pointed out the self same things that you have.

Originally Posted by niseysOH
If the forum has its way we'll all live happily ever after, together in the end and the audience will cheer...........HURRAH!!!
Life's seemingly meant to be a fairy tale
Old Nov 1st 2007, 3:19 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

What a strange thread! Karma sent to Avid
Old Nov 1st 2007, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

I am being tactful!

(sorry-it's Danny,not Donna-she's way nicer than me)
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Nope. You are out there with me , 'cept I'm the bum end of the panto horse .
I have stated the board doesn't deserve the thread title & pointed out the self same things that you have.

I would echo this sentiment. A lot of people put useful information in their replies, and would have continued to do so had the OP listened to these suggestions. To post a thread title like this suggests that no-one tried to help, which is certainly not true.

To the OP - I see you mentioned that you feel you would be able to get into Australia. What visa type are you looking at, or would you like some pointers? Our main Immigration site is www.immi.gov.au

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 1st 2007 at 6:16 am.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

sasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Nerine
I've been really busy and not been on for a while. Regardless of these hurtful comments (which I've not read, people just love to have a go so ignore them) you only have to travel around NZ and Oz to see why crane drivers are not a high priority occupation in the eyes of the NZIS. (there aren't that many cranes)

I'm sorry you didn't get to fulfil your dreams and aspirations for your family and good luck with finding another country to move to. Don't give up on it yet.
hi thanks for your posting. will keep searching to find another country to fulfil our dreams.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.