Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

nasty hurtful remarks.

nasty hurtful remarks.

Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

sasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the rough
Default nasty hurtful remarks.

I have recently been on british expacts for advice regarding emigrating.
I did the free points test and was just coming up short although people kept telling me to do it this of course was my first port of call. then i sent our details to an immigration consultant just to make sure thats why i asked if anyone had heard of them.
it may of appeared that i might of not been taken in what you all have said but i wanted to make sure i had things right before i upsticks and moved the whole family to the other side of the world.
However, apart from being called an airhead, implied im stupid and im not listening i am glad that i did ask questions.
apparantly we would have just got through on points to go to nz but it would have been extremely high risk. my husbands age at 49 now might of timed out before we got residency and apparantly crane driving is not recognised in nz as a occupation for residency unlike australia and canada. So it appears that i may of just saved us a lot of heartache by asking all these questions.
it was my dream to come to nz but not at the risk of upsetting my childrens lives. i want a better life for them and that is why i wanted so much advice.
I must say that some of my replies have been so hurtful and i was led to believe that nz was a friendly lot.
sometimes it pays to ask someone whos got experience thats why i asked you all questions and i can quite assure you that i listened to you all even the hurtful remarks that were of no help to me. Thank you for your time anyway.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:58 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nasty hurtful remarks.

Originally Posted by bird family
it was my dream to come to nz
Which is why you spent all of August and September on the USA and Canada boards asking (in 50 of your posts) how you could emigrate to those countries?

Hmmm....

In August you were posting on the Canada boards that you were hoping to move to Vancouver and 7 days ago you were on the USA boards saying your husband had a visa lined up for the USA.

Sorry we shattered your dreams.....

Last edited by Avid; Oct 31st 2007 at 8:02 am.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:01 am
Banned

Pete n Shell has a spectacular aura aboutPete n Shell has a spectacular aura aboutPete n Shell has a spectacular aura about

I am afraid thats one of the dangers of the internet. Some tiimes people can take whats written the wrong way and a few others see fit to respond with derogetory comments and name calling. Even the Private messages succumb to these people and he knows who he is.

Hope things work out for you your not missing much and after getting Citizenship in Australia who knows you may be over here if it still appeals to you.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

People are on the whole friendly on here - it's just sometimes people can be irritated as the good advice they give MAY SEEM to be ignored. It probably wasn't meant to be hurtful, most people on here are very helpful.

Good luck in your quest for a new life.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:14 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Avid
Which is why you spent all of August and September on the USA and Canada boards asking (in 50 of your posts) how you could emigrate to those countries?

Hmmm....

In August you were posting on the Canada boards that you were hoping to move to Vancouver and 7 days ago you were on the USA boards saying your husband had a visa lined up for the USA.

Sorry we shattered your dreams.....
My dreams change all the time, last night I was an Elf.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bird family
I have recently been on british expacts for advice regarding emigrating.
I did the free points test and was just coming up short although people kept telling me to do it this of course was my first port of call. then i sent our details to an immigration consultant just to make sure thats why i asked if anyone had heard of them.
it may of appeared that i might of not been taken in what you all have said but i wanted to make sure i had things right before i upsticks and moved the whole family to the other side of the world.
However, apart from being called an airhead, implied im stupid and im not listening i am glad that i did ask questions.
apparantly we would have just got through on points to go to nz but it would have been extremely high risk. my husbands age at 49 now might of timed out before we got residency and apparantly crane driving is not recognised in nz as a occupation for residency unlike australia and canada. So it appears that i may of just saved us a lot of heartache by asking all these questions.
it was my dream to come to nz but not at the risk of upsetting my childrens lives. i want a better life for them and that is why i wanted so much advice.
I must say that some of my replies have been so hurtful and i was led to believe that nz was a friendly lot.
sometimes it pays to ask someone whos got experience thats why i asked you all questions and i can quite assure you that i listened to you all even the hurtful remarks that were of no help to me. Thank you for your time anyway.

hi jacky g here.....you have to be thick skinned on this forum

its very hard sometimes, what you think people are saying is not always what they mean,if you know what i'm saying

the lack of visual contact doesn't always translate well....you cant tell by the tone of voice either,so it is very easy to take umbridge at a conversation.....

i myself have taken comments the wrong way on many occasions....
just forget about it and post on,wherever you end up:
Old Oct 31st 2007, 9:45 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg

hi jacky g here.....you have to be thick skinned on this forum
Oh come on! This site has a special section for teenagers which means that we must all be adults....

(or pre-teens...I suppose)

...and should be able to read these messages without getting upset.

I've said this before but this website is the softest place I have ever been on. The New Zealand forum is even quite soft compared to other forums on this website. Is everybody else just pretending to get upset or have they never been on any other message boards??

And again...look at the original poster's other posts...THEY WERE GOING TO EMIGRATE TO CANADA AND/OR AMERICA LAST WEEK AND HAVE COME ON HERE TO TELL US THAT WE HAVE RUINED THEIR DREAMS OF EMIGRATING TO NEW ZEALAND...

They are either insane or taking the piss.

Last edited by Avid; Oct 31st 2007 at 9:50 am.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:56 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been really busy and not been on for a while. Regardless of these hurtful comments (which I've not read, people just love to have a go so ignore them) you only have to travel around NZ and Oz to see why crane drivers are not a high priority occupation in the eyes of the NZIS. (there aren't that many cranes)

I'm sorry you didn't get to fulfil your dreams and aspirations for your family and good luck with finding another country to move to. Don't give up on it yet.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:10 am

AAAAAAggggghhhhhh!!!!

Read the bloomin' posts!!!!

They wanted to go to CANADA but attacked the NEW ZEALAND board.

Understand their idiocy before you sympathize with them....
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Nerine
I've been really busy and not been on for a while. Regardless of these hurtful comments (which I've not read, people just love to have a go so ignore them)
Ummm.....well, thanks for your opinions on posts you've never read. Really useful.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:24 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

You're very welcome.

If there's two things that they don't do in NZ it's construction and decent handbags, not that the two are in any way related. Usually.

Last edited by Nerine; Oct 31st 2007 at 11:26 am.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:44 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I totally understand peoples frustration at The Birds methodology and vague replies.

Bird Family.

Some of the remarks are not meant unkindly. It depends how you read them. That happens with these written forums.
Some of the comments are born out of frustration as time spent on advice has seemed to have fallen on deaf ears.
It's easy for messages to be read in the wrong way.

Many people here have given you their free time to offer you help and advice. They don't deserve the title of this thread.

You have posted to the USA, Canada and New Zealand just this week. With each country you have stated you wish to live there.
The USA have stated you will not gain entry.
From what I read , so has Canada.

I posted a whole heap of information to you to help you decide about New Zealand.

There is still nothing to stop you coming to New Zealand . You could come on work permits & see if the country suits you. Sometimes, in life, you simply have to take a chance.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

sasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Avid;5492408]Oh come on! This site has a special section for teenagers which means that we must all be adults....

(or pre-teens...I suppose)

...and should be able to read these messages without getting upset.

I've said this before but this website is the softest place I have ever been on. The New Zealand forum is even quite soft compared to other forums on this website. Is everybody else just pretending to get upset or have they never been on any other message boards??

And again...look at the original poster's other posts...THEY WERE GOING TO EMIGRATE TO CANADA AND/OR AMERICA LAST WEEK AND HAVE COME ON HERE TO TELL US THAT WE HAVE RUINED THEIR DREAMS OF EMIGRATING TO NEW ZEALAND...

AThey are either insane or taking the piss.[/QUOT

Actually i never said that my husband had a visa for usa at all. i was asking if there was such a thing of this visa that he had been told about as usa was his first choice. as to canada and usa usa was our first choice but no avail too many loopholes and we enquired about canada which was just an enquiry but had our heart set on nz. perhaps if you wernt so critical you may have read my postings properly instead of having a go. i am thick skinned but some times you wonder what the human race is coming to when they lay in to honest but perhaps somewhat confused citizens who are genuine and want to emigrate.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS here
I totally understand peoples frustration at The Birds methodology and vague replies.

Bird Family.

Some of the remarks are not meant unkindly. It depends how you read them. That happens with these written forums.
Some of the comments are born out of frustration as time spent on advice has seemed to have fallen on deaf ears.
It's easy for messages to be read in the wrong way.

Many people here have given you their free time to offer you help and advice. They don't deserve the title of this thread.

You have posted to the USA, Canada and New Zealand just this week. With each country you have stated you wish to live there.
The USA have stated you will not gain entry.
From what I read , so has Canada.

I posted a whole heap of information to you to help you decide about New Zealand.

There is still nothing to stop you coming to New Zealand . You could come on work permits & see if the country suits you. Sometimes, in life, you simply have to take a chance.
bev our first application was to usa but when my husband found how hard it was to get into we then did a few enquiries to canada. i wasnt to keen on canada at first i must admit and new zealand appealed to me after lots of research talking to people who had been there and lived there so after we did what everyone suggested and went online for the points scorer we wanted it doublechecked and we found out a bit more about the crane driver scenerio and his age through the immigration consultants i asked about.
i only wanted to know if anyone had heard of them and been with them for our piece of mind. and you are right i had been on now 3 different sites but we are doing what we can to try and make a better life for our children. and
i have listened to everyones advice and i appreciate it all. but i was only genuinely checking things out that i wasnt sure of and some of the remarks i thought were rude. i also appreciate everybodys time and effort with the help i have had and ive always made a point of trying to thank everyone for their input. But thanks anyway bev
Old Oct 31st 2007, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nerine
You're very welcome.

If there's two things that they don't do in NZ it's construction and decent handbags, not that the two are in any way related. Usually.
thanks for reply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.