Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

My Flat Pack - Ikea?

My Flat Pack - Ikea?

Old Jul 19th 2011, 2:02 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default My Flat Pack - Ikea?

Anyone had any dealings with this company please?

My Flat Pack

I'm needing some bits of furniture and stuff & came across them
Old Jul 19th 2011, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Flat Pack - Ikea?

There's a previous posting about this company under it's old name. I've tried to post a link and failed! Search for Ikea and delivery and you'll find it.

The responses were less than complimentary!

We've just been to the Gold Coast and brought back a tv unit from Ikea to match the rest of our lounge furniture. We used one of the kids' luggage allowances and packed a few bits of wood/bolts etc. in the other suitcases to bring it under the 23kg. Air NewZealand were quite happy to accept the box, we also wrapped the larger pieces in towels and then taped the box into 2 large bin liners! Customs were fine, they asked us what it was, x-rayed it and we had no problems.

Maybe you can use it as an excuse for a holiday to Oz?!!
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:37 am
`

Originally Posted by MOSO
There's a previous posting about this company under it's old name. I've tried to post a link and failed! Search for Ikea and delivery and you'll find it.

The responses were less than complimentary!

We've just been to the Gold Coast and brought back a tv unit from Ikea to match the rest of our lounge furniture. We used one of the kids' luggage allowances and packed a few bits of wood/bolts etc. in the other suitcases to bring it under the 23kg. Air NewZealand were quite happy to accept the box, we also wrapped the larger pieces in towels and then taped the box into 2 large bin liners! Customs were fine, they asked us what it was, x-rayed it and we had no problems.

Maybe you can use it as an excuse for a holiday to Oz?!!
Brill. Actually , maybe we could. We need a break bigtime.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:40 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Brill. Actually , maybe we could. We need a break bigtime.
Do bring an umbrella!
Old Jul 19th 2011, 6:11 am
`

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Do bring an umbrella!
Not WAIN .

Can't be doing with more of that !
Old Jul 19th 2011, 6:14 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Not WAIN .

Can't be doing with more of that !
Sorry this has nothing to do with flat packs but whilst we are in no danger of flooding, it has rained here for months and has been cold since April. BORING!
Old Jul 19th 2011, 6:26 am
`

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Sorry this has nothing to do with flat packs but whilst we are in no danger of flooding, it has rained here for months and has been cold since April. BORING!
Erk ! Same. without the flooding. We are on a hill
Old Jul 19th 2011, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't have a single drop of rain the whole week we were in Oz (unlike here)! The sign in the apartment reception made me laugh though:
Today's Weather: Sunny, 20 degrees : cold

If it does rain - you could spend the day in IKEA
Old Jul 19th 2011, 10:49 pm
`

Originally Posted by MOSO
We didn't have a single drop of rain the whole week we were in Oz (unlike here)! The sign in the apartment reception made me laugh though:
Today's Weather: Sunny, 20 degrees : cold

If it does rain - you could spend the day in IKEA
... and as I've never actually been in an Ikea , I probably would.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

maisiep is just really nicemaisiep is just really nicemaisiep is just really nicemaisiep is just really nicemaisiep is just really nicemaisiep is just really nicemaisiep is just really nicemaisiep is just really nice

I was looking at that flat pack site the other week. I used to get a lot of stuff in Ikea in the UK. I always thought the whole attraction of Ikea is that their stuff looks nice, it's not brilliant quality but it's cheap. But it's actually pretty expensive on that flat pack site. Take their Linnarp desk - £105 in the UK, $649 in NZ. Doesn't it take away much of the attraction of Ikea furniture when the price is suddenly the same as most other furniture stores?