Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

My Easter Bank Holiday Monday!!

My Easter Bank Holiday Monday!!

Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Easter Bank Holiday Monday!!

Well each to there own I suppose the saying goes...but still don't see the attraction to it myself. There was I a couple of days ago saying to my son, shall we go fishing on Monday? Didn't take me long to convince him, so I grab me rod this morning, checked the fishing tackle and headed of towards the other side of the airport... got the bait on route and one or two bits and hit Breakers Bay about 1pm. There were a few people on the beach, and a few people fishing, but by and large we had the choice of where to fish from. We set up camp and started casting the line out without much joy. Son was enjoying the surf on his body board, the sun was shining and everything seemed perfect!

A little while later as i perused the beach I started to notice one or two couples wearing little more than a smile and I hope to god sun tan lotion! We'd been fishing in amongst Wellington's very own nudist beach... It was an eye opener to Alex when he cottoned on to not too many people wearing clothes... and needless to say wouldn't venture very far... Don't stare son!!! but Daaaaaaaaaadddddddd...........there...not...wearin g.... I know son, just don't stare....

Wel we didn't stay as long as maybe possible, but I caught 1 fish and good sized eel, which I released, but it won't be the memory of the fish I'll have in my mind for a while.....

Must say I couldn't believe the amount of nudist there... ut why do they all appear to be over fifty and in need of a serious diet and in some cases ironing...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Easter Bank Holiday Monday!!

So how did you spend the Bank Holiday???????????????
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
So how did you spend the Bank Holiday???????????????
Mostly in the supermarket
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:54 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I sat on the grass by the bridge at Whitby and watched the world go by. I saw a man recue a child that had swam out too far and got caught in the current. Well done that man
And once I have picked the girl up from the airport, I am going to take her to Denny's. Does the fun never end........!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
I sat on the grass by the bridge at Whitby and watched the world go by. I saw a man recue a child that had swam out too far and got caught in the current. Well done that man
And once I have picked the girl up from the airport, I am going to take her to Denny's. Does the fun never end........!
Dennys, having only seen that advert on the box too I can happily say if I never go to the place it will seem too soon
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I got caught speeding (63 kmh in a 50 on a quiet street).

Before anybody shouts at me, yes I know speeding is wrong and I am guilty as charged and I hang my head in shame.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cappuccino
I got caught speeding (63 kmh in a 50 on a quiet street).

Before anybody shouts at me, yes I know speeding is wrong and I am guilty as charged and I hang my head in shame.
Join the club...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Mostly in the supermarket
Are you still in search of food...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Are you still in search of food...
No, though my wallet is now in search of some banknotes...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:35 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I spent my weekend in recluse. Left the house once. That was enough.

Simon, please tell us where this beach is. So we can avoid it. Love the "need ironing" part.

Naughty naughty Michelle, that hasn't happened to me (yet). Mind you, I keep such a hawk eye on the speedometer, I'm surprised I've not crashed through not looking at the road enough.

I-B, you should have said you were out of food, we would have fed the poor waif and stray that we all know you are. Phil said we could have made our din-din for 4 instead of 3. Next time just say, silly lad.

Karen, apart from the near-drowning that sounds like a nice time by the beach. Hope your stomachs survive the scourge that is Denny's.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maz

Simon, please tell us where this beach is. So we can avoid it. Love the "need ironing" part.

Naughty naughty Michelle, that hasn't happened to me (yet). Mind you, I keep such a hawk eye on the speedometer, I'm surprised I've not crashed through not looking at the road enough.

I-B, you should have said you were out of food, we would have fed the poor waif and stray that we all know you are. Phil said we could have made our din-din for 4 instead of 3. Next time just say, silly lad.

Karen, apart from the near-drowning that sounds like a nice time by the beach. Hope your stomachs survive the scourge that is Denny's.
Cheers toots!!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Went to a friends, as I was the designated driver I watched Danny get pie eyed, had to listen to him sing (I know those of you who have a heard him will offer me pity) then it took an hour to persuade him to get in the car to come home - lured him with the promise of roast chicken and more alcohol. It was lovely sitting in the sun all afternoon, even if my 1 glass of wine lasted 5 hours
Danny now listening to Frankie Goes to Hollywood and rambling to the kids about all things Scouse - they are actually asking if the can go to bed for once!
He'll be asleep in 30 minutes
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:26 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

I finished decorating three rooms; not overly impressed with the papering, I have done loads of papering in my time so not quite sure what went wrong this time around.

Popped over to Briscoes to get some towels and a painting that co-ordinate nicely with the colours.

Then we drove over to Titahi Bay (thanks Donna for showing us that one) and watched the girls having a good ole time in the sand and sea.

Not the only thing we watched. There was some eye candy for the girls, muscle bound, skimpy shorts, running down the beach Hoff style, then he swam back, and he ran back down the beach again. Water running down his rippling muscles, the sun gleaming off his back..... the view of the south island was good too

Have just cleaned out the fish tank and settling down to watch Ross Kemp.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:31 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

dribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dreamfish
I finished decorating three rooms; not overly impressed with the papering, I have done loads of papering in my time so not quite sure what went wrong this time around.

Popped over to Briscoes to get some towels and a painting that co-ordinate nicely with the colours.

Then we drove over to Titahi Bay (thanks Donna for showing us that one) and watched the girls having a good ole time in the sand and sea.

Not the only thing we watched. There was some eye candy for the girls, muscle bound, skimpy shorts, running down the beach Hoff style, then he swam back, and he ran back down the beach again. Water running down his rippling muscles, the sun gleaming off his back..... the view of the south island was good too

Have just cleaned out the fish tank and settling down to watch Ross Kemp.
Umm, the tide was going out, so were her eyes and tounge! Shame I had to point him out to her. I must admit his bounce was better than the Hoff's.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:33 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
You weren't in this afternoon when I called round..........
Madame decided that Denny's wasn't good enough - so the Golden Arches ended up providing tea.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.