Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

murder up the road

murder up the road

Old Dec 8th 2007, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default murder up the road

since we came here in july,in our town,which is a nice area and quite small,there has been a pensioner battered and tied up in her home,and the culprit burned her house after he did it...that was 2 weeks ago...

and this morning a 24 year old was murdered,he was stabbed after leaving a party...

all this in walking distance of my home.....i know this can happen anyplace.....but bit to close for my liking....jacky
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:21 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: murder up the road

That's shocking , more so to have it happen so close to home.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg
since we came here in july,in our town,which is a nice area and quite small,there has been a pensioner battered and tied up in her home,and the culprit burned her house after he did it...that was 2 weeks ago...

and this morning a 24 year old was murdered,he was stabbed after leaving a party...

all this in walking distance of my home.....i know this can happen anyplace.....but bit to close for my liking....jacky
Any ID yet on the perpetrators?
Home grown or imported?
jennie

Last edited by jennifer45; Dec 8th 2007 at 9:12 am. Reason: early morning- don't usually do mornings!
Old Dec 8th 2007, 10:23 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garryhg

where is cockle bay???
Old Dec 8th 2007, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jennifer45
Any ID yet on the perpetrators?
Home grown or imported?
jennie
i can't remember the exact details,because there were 2 murders on the same day,which is wierd because they were both 24 and both stabbed...1 in wellington and the other in howick,(which is just at the top of my road)

hope it doesn't come in 3's...jacky
Old Dec 8th 2007, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by love30stm
where is cockle bay???
cockle bay is an eastern suburb in auckland.....the murder was in howick,cockle bay just runs into howick.....jacky
Old Dec 8th 2007, 7:37 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Not far from where we live was the Edgeware Road incident where a fella plowed his car into a crowd killing two 16 year-old girls and injuring nearly a dozen others. It's shocking when stuff like that goes on almost on your doorstep.

I don't know what else to say.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Not far from where we live was the Edgeware Road incident where a fella plowed his car into a crowd killing two 16 year-old girls and injuring nearly a dozen others. It's shocking when stuff like that goes on almost on your doorstep.

I don't know what else to say.
Just as I thought!

Welcome to the 'wonderful modern westernised developed world'.

NZ has always aped USA to some extent (aspired to what appeared greener on the other side, from films/TV etc). The UK did it and are suffering such incidents daily- if not more. Most of our police are now armed covertly.

Gang members kill gang members! Cool- that's fine with me. Saves us the trouble. If I had my way, I'd set up a sting! Invite opposing gang members to a neutral venue- make it a lock in and throw away the key!

The lazy, idle , good for nothing dope fiends of our society, who push the filth onto young impressionable kids, and when they need money for their next fix, seek out the vulnerable in our society ie 'pensioners'-
NO hesitation! - prison for as long as it takes to set them straight.
Not enough prison places! Build more prisons- more work for our builders, electricians, plumbers!!

Have no doubt about it punks- When I arrive in NZ I will be

ARMED AND DANGEROUS!

and at my age I will have no hesitation in disabling anyone who attempts to enter my home unlawfully!
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hotpots has a spectacular aura aboutHotpots has a spectacular aura aboutHotpots has a spectacular aura about

tetchy

So you'll be using your transferable skills gained in West Yorks then

Where are you heading for in NZ ~ just so the locals can be pre-warned

Last edited by Hotpots; Dec 8th 2007 at 8:22 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

So is it a white middle class area?
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:15 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Hang on a sec...Jennifer, how do you shoehorn the USA into this argument? The fashions that the kids emulate may come from the US originally but the violent behaviour is homegrown. Give the local scumbags some credit. They can be cretinous on their own merits.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by happynz
Hang on a sec...Jennifer, how do you shoehorn the USA into this argument? The fashions that the kids emulate may come from the US originally but the violent behaviour is homegrown. Give the local scumbags some credit. They can be cretinous on their own merits.
Hey- gave out the wrong end of the stick!
Not blaming US of A on this one iota!

It's a well known fact/occurrence/happening that in the past many of the advances in technology and in living 'standards' emanated from the great US of A! Music/ Dance/ teenage fashion spread out from the US of A.
Whilst much was harmless - I do recall the increase in gun crime in the states way before Kennedy's assassination. I recall many people in UK passing comment that 'it won't be long before guns and drugs are commonplace here' and the question 'How long before our police are armed?'. That was in the late 60's.
Just look at gun crime in UK now.

People have oft said NZ was 30/20 years behind the UK. I disagree.
I think it has caught up far quicker- but unfortunately in many negative aspects as well.

The one glimmer of hope I had/have for NZ is that there is still that thing called respect. Vast majority of kids still respect their elders, still respect/love parents/grandparents, because family life and doing things together as a family is more important than having the latest 'whatever' and they still respect the local 'bobby'.

For anyone- no matter how desperate- to attack a 'defenseless pensioner' and then set fire to the house- deserves the severest penalty, if only to warn others- Don't try this!
Now that the law has change in UK regards protecting your property and defending yourself against intruders- I'm sorry I really would not hesitate!
Old Dec 8th 2007, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hotpots
tetchy

So you'll be using your transferable skills gained in West Yorks then

Where are you heading for in NZ ~ just so the locals can be pre-warned
Anywhere there are 'punks' to deal with!

Old Dec 8th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yotty
So is it a white middle class area?
White middleclass areas don't exist in NZ.

Colour , race or creed has no standing against the mighty dollar!

Sell the yacht and invest in property!
Old Dec 9th 2007, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jennifer45
Anywhere there are 'punks' to deal with!

hey jennifer,you need a new name "TERMINATOR"

look out nz,be afraid,be very afraid....jacky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.