Reload this Page >

moving to wellington from london - need advice

moving to wellington from london - need advice

Old Mar 18th 2006, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

Peter.watson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to wellington from london - need advice

Hi

I am from london and am getting married in sept to a kiwi girl ! we are going out to N.Z in Feb 07 for a blessing servcie and then to stay! very daunting but very exciting at the same time.

We will stay with her mum at first and look for a flat, what i want to know is how to / where to look for jobs in wellington from the U.K in the area of business - marketing,consultancy, business planning etc. Any help would be great!

Ideally i would love to move out there with a job in the bag, but not sure how hard it is really + i think i will have residency as marrying a kiwi i think i can apply to get a residents work permit, so that side of things should be ok, although, any advice is more than welcome!
Thanks
Old Mar 18th 2006, 7:52 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to wellington from london - need advice

Originally Posted by Peter.watson
Hi

I am from london and am getting married in sept to a kiwi girl ! we are going out to N.Z in Feb 07 for a blessing servcie and then to stay! very daunting but very exciting at the same time.

We will stay with her mum at first and look for a flat, what i want to know is how to / where to look for jobs in wellington from the U.K in the area of business - marketing,consultancy, business planning etc. Any help would be great!

Ideally i would love to move out there with a job in the bag, but not sure how hard it is really + i think i will have residency as marrying a kiwi i think i can apply to get a residents work permit, so that side of things should be ok, although, any advice is more than welcome!
Thanks
Try this:
http://www.nzs.com/business/services...ent-companies/
Good starting point. About 6 months before moving I wrote to about 40 rec agencies. Just prior to coming out for interviews I'd whittled that down to about 4 that I felt could help me (healthcare sales) and arranged interviews etc for my arrival.

By that time we had a good 'long distance' relationship and both parties knew what the other wanted.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 10:12 pm
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by Peter.watson
Hi

Thanks
www.jobstuff.co.nz is a pretty good source.... most employers wont touch you until you get your paperwork in order (work permit or residency) so I would get to work on that asap....

Old Mar 20th 2006, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Peter.watson is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice
Old Mar 21st 2006, 7:40 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
www.jobstuff.co.nz is a pretty good source.... most employers wont touch you until you get your paperwork in order (work permit or residency) so I would get to work on that asap....
Even for returning Kiwis they still resist until you arrive. Too many people claim to be going back (during black days in London) and then never do.

You will find Wellington much better (culturally) than Auckland.

Good luck with the wedding etc. Welcome to the country Make sure you get a All Black jersey for the next world cup