Moving Overseas

Old Oct 28th 2011, 10:16 am
Banned

ExPatPockets is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving Overseas

Hello, please tell me who i can use to send my household effects to New Zealand. Has anyone moved recently or planning to, as i was after a few recommended companied i could speak with. have a couple of months so looking forward to some warm weather...

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 2nd 2011 at 10:20 pm. Reason: Note: This is a shipper who registered several times and is now banned for playing sock puppets with others.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 4:47 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Overseas

we are using PSS. looked at using Pickfords but you have to drive the car to their depot and they load goods onto normal trucks at the house then transport to their depot before loading onto container so more chances of things getting broken going astray. PSS load everything onto the container at the house. They where both comparable on price it was the the fact about how the goods where moved that made our choice to come to PSS
Old Oct 28th 2011, 5:43 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with PSS very professional so far including response from the NZ end, Van Lines or something similar...
Old Oct 28th 2011, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I used Crown who were VERY good.

Dont take the price quoted as the final price, once you have a few quotes
go back to all of them and tell them you have had a better (cheaper) quote
and ask if they can beat it....they will and usually by a good few hundred quid
Old Oct 29th 2011, 7:56 am
Just Joined

dehoram is a name known to alldehoram is a name known to alldehoram is a name known to alldehoram is a name known to alldehoram is a name known to alldehoram is a name known to alldehoram is a name known to alldehoram is a name known to alldehoram is a name known to alldehoram is a name known to alldehoram is a name known to all

Hi
We used GB Liners in the UK. They came around and did an iternery, and manged to get our 4 bedroom house into a 20ft container. Very professional and a great bunch of lads who packed up for us. The jury is still out on their NZ agents as our belongings are somewhere near Suez making the journey over.

Mark
Old Oct 30th 2011, 12:06 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

We used PSS to ship us from Surrey to Christchurch earlier this year. They were faultless as were NZ Vanlines this end. Although what's happening with Rena on the Astrolabe Reef makes me go
We used Allied Movers to get us from Christchurch to Wanganui. No work for us in Christchurch unfortunately.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Oct 30th 2011 at 12:09 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:47 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

As Expatpockets is directly linked with a freight company his opening post seems just plain silly, so I'm closing the thread.

Sorry for him wasting your time folks.