Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Moved out of our house on Thursday, roll on September.

Moved out of our house on Thursday, roll on September.

Old Aug 11th 2013, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

kazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to all
Default Moved out of our house on Thursday, roll on September.

That's the next stage completed, container gone, we left our house on Thursday and we are now indoor-camping! We don't have family to go to so we moved next door into our other house which we have been renting out. When the tenants left we decided to move in but without any furniture its not easy I can tell you. We have a few items that we haven't sent over or borrowed like our bed base which our son and girlfriend are using. We bought some cheap air beds for us, ok for a few nights but not for 6 weeks! We have to pump them up every night as they deflate. I woke up early hours this morning and thought david had gone out but on closer inspection realised he was still there but about 8 inches lower down than me on a deflated airbed! Didn't realise you could get bunk airbeds lol. We have plastic patio chairs that we use for dining and in the lounge. Then we have a tv which resembles large mobile phone. It's sort of the reverse of being at the cinema, you know when you sit at the back looking up at a huge sreen, well, we sit about 2 inches away watching it through a pair of binoculars. My sons are not impressed! Oh well, tough. I suppose there's something exciting about hacking open a tin of tuna with a blunt knife and drinking wine out of a pint glass , you get a hell of a lot more for a start! That's got to be good. Of course I'm not moaning, but I think I'll sleep in the car tonight.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Pinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moved out of our house on Thursday, roll on September.

Oh my god you have just had my husband & I laughing out loud

The reason being is that I had just read your thread about the packers coming and read it to Paul and he said we could do that and then we talked about using an old (large mobile phone-esque) tv we have in the loft, borrowing a blow up air bed and plastic garden chairs!!! Then I read this.....

Your story and mine are going to merge at some point lol!

Cheered me up no end that did, thank you. Hope the car is comfortable
Old Aug 11th 2013, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

britsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond repute

This is exactly what we did before moving to NZ although we bought a blow up bed that you can plug into the wall and is self inflating, in about a minute, I think you can get them at Argos, it made life so much easier. We also bought one from the warehouse when we got to NZ and slept on it for 6 weeks until our container arrived. It is an experience feeling your backside slowly moving towards the floor when they need pumping up. Good luck, stay sane.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

kazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to all

Oh pinksar I'm glad I cheered u up lol. We went out for a coffee earlier just to get a chance to sit on a sofa. It was funny because there was only one left, I made a mad dash for it practically mugging people on the way, and then we were making a big fuss of it saying how comfy a sofa was that I'm sure people thought we were hobo's! Just trying to convince myself it will be worth it. Britsinz, yes I know the type you mean, we got one from Costco a while ago for camping but its in the container. Somehow I can't see many nights of passion on the ones we've got! Think I'm gonna get an advent calendar but use it as an emigration calendar!
Old Aug 12th 2013, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Pinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of light

that's hilarious. It's funny how you appreciate things more when you don't have them! Good luck with the next few weeks.

We are still considering doing what you've done and getting our stuff taken early but not sure for definite yet. Whenever I'm feeling a bit blue with it all I'm going to re-read this thread!
Old Aug 12th 2013, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Even though I moan about it, its all in a jocular way and we are having some fun with it so don't let it put you off. We had to do it this way because of our house sale and we didn't want to lose the buyers. I think I would've well and truly had enough by the time we go though! Have you got a date for leaving yet? Right, I'm off to DFS to pretend to buy a sofa just so that I can have a comfy rest lol.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

karma given Karen - love your posts. Don't worry it doesn't put me off - I'm treating it as all part of the adventure

Received my e-tickets this morning - we fly out from Heathrow on 23rd September and land on 25th that's going to be the weirdest thing - losing almost 2 days in the air! Still it'll be worth it.

Sara x
Old Aug 12th 2013, 7:48 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Just keep saying ' it's only 6 weeks, it's only 6 weeks...'

And keep drinking the wine by the pint - that will help

All the best
P
Old Aug 12th 2013, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Persephone. I'll do my very best
Old Aug 12th 2013, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Wow Sara that must be so exciting having your tickets, its actually happening now. Enjoy the rest if your time here. Persephone, those pint glasses of wine work a treat! Don't think I'll ever bother with wine size wine glasses again!
Old Aug 12th 2013, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

qssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really nice

Makes me realise how lucky we are at this end! Staying with family for 4 weeks, although the other end will be abit different, staying in our campervan until we get sorted, may need to find those airbeds, self inflatable ones of course!!! I feel that this justifies drinking wine from a pint glass! been doing it for years, now I have a reason!!!!! Cheerhicsssss
Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:11 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazandav
Right, I'm off to DFS to pretend to buy a sofa just so that I can have a comfy rest lol.

Don't fall asleep on one of their beds either !
Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:41 am
Account Closed

MrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to all

Ah this is excellent we are in the throws of booking our shippers and are planning to move in to our flat and 'camp' until FEB!!!!!!!! - Yikes i may rethink or bribe my mum to loan us a sofabed or something.

Good Luck with everything x
Old Aug 13th 2013, 9:39 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsGreen2013
Ah this is excellent we are in the throws of booking our shippers and are planning to move in to our flat and 'camp' until FEB!!!!!!!! - Yikes i may rethink or bribe my mum to loan us a sofabed or something.

Good Luck with everything x
So you've already had your last Christmas in your house ? You'll ship your Christmas decorations with everything else I guess. You could go out for Christmas dinner if your flat doesn't feel Christmassy.

Thinking about Christmas and it's only August. You can tell I'm more or less settled !
Old Aug 14th 2013, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

That's a great idea Debbie! Our next trip will be to a bed store lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.