Move to Dunedin

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Theresa 1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Move to Dunedin

Hi, My husband,Wayne and I are hoping to move to Dunedin next year. I am a nurse and Wayne is training to be a primary school teacher. We have 2 young children. We would love to hear from anyone who has already moved to NZ with a young family, especially Dunedin.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 8:43 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to Dunedin

Originally Posted by Theresa 1
Hi, My husband,Wayne and I are hoping to move to Dunedin next year. I am a nurse and Wayne is training to be a primary school teacher. We have 2 young children. We would love to hear from anyone who has already moved to NZ with a young family, especially Dunedin.
Hi Thersea still in UK but wanted to say Hi & welcome to the site Good luck with all your plans

Dewb
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Hi Theresa and family

We are also hoping to move next year but further North. Have you spent time in New Zealand before? Whatever your plans, I hope everything goes well.

MartyC.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

I'm a bit further south in Invercargill but have a look at the www.healthdownsouth.co.nz website for jobs in the new Southern District Health Board which is Otago and Southland combined as of the 1st May. Good luck with your move.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

kenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the rough

We are in Dunedin, well just outside on the peninsula, been in NZ 6 years.
Drop me a line of you need any help etc
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We are further north Christchurch and came over with a 2 yeard old 3 years ago, my oh is also a nurse
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Been here in Dunedin since July 09,me OH and 2 boys aged 9 and 7. I am also a nurse at Dunedin Public Hospital. Give me a PM if any specific Q's or ask on here.

Phyl x
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 8:04 am
Just Joined

new life is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Theresa

We are also considering a move to Dunedin later this year ... depends how the house sale goes!! My husband has a letter of intent for a job with Dunedin healthboard. We have friends there who are enjoying it and it looks a nice place to settle. How old are your children?
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Move to Dunedin

Hi, my daughter is 5 in 2 weeks, my son is 19 months. My hubby's from Newton Heath in Manchester, but we've lived in southampton for years. What made you decide on Dunedin?
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 11:18 am
Just Joined

new life is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, my daughter is 5 in 2 weeks, my son is 19 months. My hubby's from Newton Heath in Manchester, but we've lived in southampton for years. What made you decide on Dunedin?
Hi

We also have a 5 year old boy and an older son 11. We were looking at Dunedin or Christchurch but the job was available at Dunedin and they will wait till we are in a position to go. Looking at information on here though it seems the best place for us, small enough to be friendly and be able to get around easily and has great schools. How about yourself? Have you been over for a visit?

Cathy
x
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kenpom
We are in Dunedin, well just outside on the peninsula, been in NZ 6 years.
Drop me a line of you need any help etc
Thanks, I'm sure I'll have loads of Q's to ask over the next few months. You must be happy living in Dunedin if you've stayed for 6 years? We thought the peninsula was beautiful when we visited last Nov. but it was very windy. Do you have children? If so what do you think to the schools out there?
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by weejie
Been here in Dunedin since July 09,me OH and 2 boys aged 9 and 7. I am also a nurse at Dunedin Public Hospital. Give me a PM if any specific Q's or ask on here.

Phyl x
Thanks, my first question is, any regrets? Have you found it hard to settle in? Did you get much support in your new job at the hospital? How have the children coped? What are the schools like, I recently read that bullying is a real problem in NZ. Sorry,that's loads of Q's but I still have some doubts about making the move, unlike my husband who would move there tomorrow.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by new life
Hi

We also have a 5 year old boy and an older son 11. We were looking at Dunedin or Christchurch but the job was available at Dunedin and they will wait till we are in a position to go. Looking at information on here though it seems the best place for us, small enough to be friendly and be able to get around easily and has great schools. How about yourself? Have you been over for a visit?

Cathy
x
Yes, we drove around the south Island last Nov. it's beautiful but Dunedin was the place we liked best because it's got a good vibe, being a uni. town. It's got amazing scenery and the buildings and houses are similar to here whereas most other towns are made up of one storey pre-fabs which I don't think I could ever get used to.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 2:56 am
Just Joined

jessiehope is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Thersa,
Have you mad the move? My Husband and I came over from the UK 3 years ago and ave beenin Auckland since them. We are now planning on moving to Dunedin by Jan 2011. Iwa wondering if you could share your experiences if youdid make the move. We hve a 18 month old daughter and are planning to buy a hous so any advice any one could offer wouldbe grately appreciated.I am feelng the anxiety of the move wth a little one. Thanks