Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mountainbiking in Christchurch

Mountainbiking in Christchurch

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:56 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mountainbiking in Christchurch

My old bike got nicked, which gave me a fantastic reason to get a new, much more betterer one

As the evenings will soon be getting longer and the weekends warmer, anyone up for a hoon [1] around Bottle Lake or up the much feared Rapaki Track - or even Taylors Mistake or the track out by the airport?

Beers afterwards of course

Dusty...? Gandy...? Anyone....? Bueller...?

Wiz

[1] For various values of 'hoon'. If 'hoon' to you means 'go crazy for 3 minutes feeling invincible, and then take 40 minutes to puff your way back to the car like the fat old knacker you really are' then we could well be on the same page
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mountainbiking in Christchurch

Lee's up for it
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I don't have a mountain bike but am interested in anyone with a road bike out in the Rangiora area to go on weekend (Saturday) rides or after work.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
Well, I don't have a mountain bike but am interested in anyone with a road bike out in the Rangiora area to go on weekend (Saturday) rides or after work.
When my bike turns up, I'll come road cycling with you CAN2NZ .. so long as you take it easy ;-) My bike went into storage in March, so need to get fit again!

Lou
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:32 am

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Lee's up for it
Nice one - I'll give it a week or so to see if anyone else fancies a bash, and then propose some dates.

Can2nz - a road bike is on the list once I'm fit(ter!) so could be up for it. Otherwise I'll stick slicks on the MTB and draft you all for the whole ride Some nice roads up there in Rangivegas.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Nice, but I am not a super model but fit enough to just enjoy the ride. I don't set any land speed records or distance records. I was reading that 82% of cyclist suffer penil numbness. The NYC police department is trialing a new seat that doesn't have the longer skinny part in the middle. Now, only 27% suffer from it. So, all I am saying is I am a pleasure rider looking for fun, so don't worry if you are not so fit.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:18 am

Hi all. I propose Saturday October 18th as the date, sometime during the early afternoon (1pm?) as the time, and Bottle Lake main carpark as the location.

The tracks there are easy enough, and there's the cycle assault course for general amusement afterwards.

So, any takers?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy
the date is ok for me, but will struggle with 1pm as it is my saturday morning at the garage. an hour later would be sweet as for me.

Lee
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:10 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Hi all. I propose Saturday October 18th as the date, sometime during the early afternoon (1pm?) as the time, and Bottle Lake main carpark as the location.

The tracks there are easy enough, and there's the cycle assault course for general amusement afterwards.

So, any takers?
I'lll see if i can get my fat lazy arse out there... i'll be in touch. Saying that since moving house i have decided that exercise is just silly and have vowed to get fat this year!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Hi Andy
the date is ok for me, but will struggle with 1pm as it is my saturday morning at the garage. an hour later would be sweet as for me.

Lee
Yeah man - 2pm's fine. Will just be for an hour or two, as I need to be back home and helping T with an art thingy she's doing by 5.

Looking forward to it!

Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Dustybin
I'lll see if i can get my fat lazy arse out there... i'll be in touch. Saying that since moving house i have decided that exercise is just silly and have vowed to get fat this year!
Haha! Looks like you won't be the only one's moving house mate. Wanna show us all you've learned when you help us to shift...?

It's the avo too - you'll be sober by then, eh?
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:06 am
Account Closed

Haha! Looks like you won't be the only one's moving house mate. Wanna show us all you've learned when you help us to shift...?

possibly less hungover...
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:11 am
Account Closed

you moving far?? just give us a shout if you need help moving into your new place.. although maybe not moving out of your old one... I've seen all those stairs!!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

ok wiz, will see you in the car park at bottle lake 2pm on 18th. likewise, if you need a pair of hands for the move give us a shout.

Lee
Old Oct 13th 2008, 7:45 am

Good on ya guys

Will fill you in on the details next Sat, but yup - we have bought a new house and move late Nov. Start going to the gym now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.