Motorcycles

Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:13 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Motorcycles

In NZ do you need a separate test like here in the UK
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Motorcycles

As i believe it, when you resit your theory for your car a year after arrival, you can do your bike theory at the same time. You only need to do a theory and not a practical.
Can't wait to get my zx7r on those nz roads..
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:04 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Yup, when you sit the "scratch 'n' sniff" theory test it is better to do both tests - car and motorbike - at the same time. If you sit the test for motorcycle later you'll have to pay for that whilst if you knock out both at the same time it's a twofer.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:15 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

wahhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:th umbsup:
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:21 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happynz
Yup, when you sit the "scratch 'n' sniff" theory test it is better to do both tests - car and motorbike - at the same time. If you sit the test for motorcycle later you'll have to pay for that whilst if you knock out both at the same time it's a twofer.
aye you save about $20 - $30 for doing them together.. but you have to do them one after another.. for some reason. Can't be that hard tho.. i passed!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:40 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm... so what if erm a friend of mine has gone over the year period to go and get this done. Can he just walk in tomorrow and scratch'n'sniff his way to a licence or is he in a world of pain, palava and money?

Went to Akaroa on Sat (in the cage) and the roads are built for a prilly RS250. Got me to surfing TradeMe and am now sat here dribbling.

Anyone else watch the Qatar GP this morning? 125's and 250's were wicked. GP's were pretty good too but only the first 10 laps or so. JT stayed on. I won't reveal anymore in case you lot haven't seen it. Ahhh... bike racing. Sky - da da da da daaaaa I'm loving it
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:44 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Ahhh... bike racing. Sky - da da da da daaaaa I'm loving it
D'you see Pukokoe yesterday?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:02 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Hmmmm... so what if erm a friend of mine has gone over the year period to go and get this done. Can he just walk in tomorrow and scratch'n'sniff his way to a licence or is he in a world of pain, palava and money?
No problema. I was only three-and-a-half-years late in converting my licence. I went into the AA on Latimer Square and did the test and nobody even said boo. No worries for your, erm...amigo.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

You can buy the "sample" test papers from the AA, I think there's five in all !Then you'll know all the answer's and fly through it, I did that for my class 5 (HGV1)
Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:40 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
You can buy the "sample" test papers from the AA, I think there's five in all !Then you'll know all the answer's and fly through it, I did that for my class 5 (HGV1)
they are also free on the net
Old Mar 11th 2008, 6:58 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few peculiar answers in the tests , such as an insistence on equal braking rather than using the front more.
I've got a copy of the bike test book, contains every possible question, you just learn the bits you don't know.
You're more than welcome to borrow it if you want, just pm me.
As for the time limit for your.....ahem....friend. There's not a limit on conversion, but you can only ride/drive on your ...I mean his.....UK licence fior a year.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:09 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers all - I... erm, I mean my friend, will be very happy to hear that!

Heard about Pukekohe - big time :curse:

Been in the same place in the UK when a mate of mine passed through a complete freak racing accident. Dunno what to say - it's all just so sad. In such situations it's hard to say 'that's racing' but unfortunaely it is. A rare occurrance but always possible.

Got the bug real bad now - mate has just bought a $6k Duke 900s and I am insanely jealous.

Hmmm... maybe next year.... <dreams>
Old Mar 12th 2008, 5:55 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Not really convenient for you, but it's the Rapa rumble this weekend, down near Welly. (See kiwibiker for details)
We're off if you fancy a run up and getting lairy/dancy/wobbly with expom bikers.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:08 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dustybin
they are also free on the net
Hey,
Have you got a link to where they're on the net ?, gotta sit my theory for swopping my HGV over so they can let me loose in the fire engines..

Yhanks,
Big Al.