Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mortgage Early Repayment Charges

Mortgage Early Repayment Charges

Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice
Default Mortgage Early Repayment Charges

Hi!

I've just found out or mortgage Early Repayment Charges are pretty hefty (in excess of £4k)

I just wondered if this is the norm, or if any of you found mortgages that had little or no Early Repayment Charges? Otherwise I guess we'll just have to take the hit....expensive business this emigration
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Jo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really nice
Default Re: Mortgage Early Repayment Charges

Originally Posted by dave77
Hi!

I've just found out or mortgage Early Repayment Charges are pretty hefty (in excess of £4k)

I just wondered if this is the norm, or if any of you found mortgages that had little or no Early Repayment Charges? Otherwise I guess we'll just have to take the hit....expensive business this emigration
Jeez thought ours was bad enough at 800 notes, still going to try and negotiate it down
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dave77
Hi!

my is £12,000 but lucky for me it only go,s untill march 2010 so after that i am £12,000 better off
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jo_Paul87
Jeez thought ours was bad enough at 800 notes, still going to try and negotiate it down
It does seem an awful lot of money to throw away. Bloody banks, at least burglars have the decency to wear masks!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by concretepump
my is £12,000 but lucky for me it only go,s untill march 2010 so after that i am £12,000 better off
what a result
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

It is normal charges Jan got hit for about that much on her house, bankers are all tossers who deserve to die in poverty
Old Jan 30th 2010, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Hi Dave77!

You got me thinking about ours so I found what I think is our most recent mortgage statement and our repayment charge is over £6k So although yours is bad, it could be worst... it could be ours!

Its bloody expensive this moving to the other side of the world stuff and the costs just keep on coming. Must find the man who plotted this whole emigration idea with my hubby... hmmmm, who was it again????!!!!!!!

it will all work out in the end for all of us and I'm sure all the money spent will be well worth it
Old Jan 31st 2010, 6:37 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

A while ago we enquired about early repayment charges for our NZ mortgage as wanted to see if we could buy out of our current fixed rate and remortgage with the same bank at a more affordable rate - can't remember the exact amount but it was around $23,000

Last edited by TeamEmbo; Jan 31st 2010 at 6:37 am. Reason: sp
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:43 pm
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about

Yeh, ours will def be £8,000.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gags
Yeh, ours will def be £8,000.
Ouch... I thought ours was bad enough!