British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   More Newbies from Devon (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/more-newbies-devon-663979/)

ellenarosemary Apr 14th 2010 10:45 am

More Newbies from Devon

My husband, three children and I all went to NZ last year for 3 weeks. loved it so much we now want to live there permanently.

I have family in Upper Hutt.

Have been poking around this site for a while and gleened lots of really useful info and have done replies to a couple of threads but thought we'd better introduce ourselves properly.

We hope to go under the skilled migrant visa, but also have options under the business and family ones too if things dont go to plan.

Would love any useful feedback, particularly from anyone near us, (Rose Ash near South Molton, Devon).

Regards
Alison, Roy, Ellena, Hermione & Brendan
:fingerscrossed:

martyc Apr 14th 2010 12:09 pm

Re: More Newbies from Devon

Hi Alison from Devon

I live in Somerset and am at that very early stage of finding out about how much everything is going to cost along with my husband and our 11 year old son. My husband is a New Zealand citizen so i'm guessing that might make
the whole process a lot easier for us. Looking forward to a year of upheaval!!

Regards

Martyc

j19fmm Apr 14th 2010 12:59 pm

Hi Alison, we're also in Devon, not going anywhere just yet :( keep asking questions though, there are lots of very helpful people around

K and J Apr 14th 2010 6:39 pm

Hi Alison from Devon,

We're based in Plymouth Devon for the next 3 weeks, then we're off to Wellington!

We applied under the skilled migrant category and started the process in October 2009. I got a job offer (following a telephone and video interview) in March and 4 days later they granted us Residency - Incredibly efficient Visa Officer!

I'd be happy to let you know how we get on.

Carrie

j19fmm Apr 14th 2010 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by K and J (Post 8496215)
Hi Alison from Devon,

We're based in Plymouth Devon for the next 3 weeks, then we're off to Wellington!

We applied under the skilled migrant category and started the process in October 2009. I got a job offer (following a telephone and video interview) in March and 4 days later they granted us Residency - Incredibly efficient Visa Officer!

I'd be happy to let you know how we get on.

Carrie

Hi Carrie, congratulations on the Residency :thumbsup: What line of work are you in?

K and J Apr 14th 2010 8:55 pm

Hi J19,

Thanks! We're ridiculously excited! :D

I'm in Procurement and my qualification (MCIPS) just made it onto the SMC listing.

Dewb09 Apr 14th 2010 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary (Post 8495149)
My husband, three children and I all went to NZ last year for 3 weeks. loved it so much we now want to live there permanently.

I have family in Upper Hutt.

Have been poking around this site for a while and gleened lots of really useful info and have done replies to a couple of threads but thought we'd better introduce ourselves properly.

We hope to go under the skilled migrant visa, but also have options under the business and family ones too if things dont go to plan.

Would love any useful feedback, particularly from anyone near us, (Rose Ash near South Molton, Devon).

Regards
Alison, Roy, Ellena, Hermione & Brendan
:fingerscrossed:

Hi & officially welcome :thumbsup:

Good luck with all your plans :fingerscrossed:

Dewb

BEVS Apr 15th 2010 12:03 am

Kia Ora and welcome to this little NZ forum.

Happy Postings and enjoy. :)

MnB Apr 15th 2010 12:22 am

HI to you both:thumbsup:, Alison & Martyc
Welcome to this informative & friendly forum:thumbsup:

We're currently in NZ but will be back in Somerset by June, will be on 'your doorsteps' so to speak and will be happy to share our experiences. In the mean time enjoy posting & planning!!
B x