Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

More Newbies from Devon

More Newbies from Devon

Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default More Newbies from Devon

My husband, three children and I all went to NZ last year for 3 weeks. loved it so much we now want to live there permanently.

I have family in Upper Hutt.

Have been poking around this site for a while and gleened lots of really useful info and have done replies to a couple of threads but thought we'd better introduce ourselves properly.

We hope to go under the skilled migrant visa, but also have options under the business and family ones too if things dont go to plan.

Would love any useful feedback, particularly from anyone near us, (Rose Ash near South Molton, Devon).

Regards
Alison, Roy, Ellena, Hermione & Brendan
Old Apr 14th 2010, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of
Default Re: More Newbies from Devon

Hi Alison from Devon

I live in Somerset and am at that very early stage of finding out about how much everything is going to cost along with my husband and our 11 year old son. My husband is a New Zealand citizen so i'm guessing that might make
the whole process a lot easier for us. Looking forward to a year of upheaval!!

Regards

Martyc
Old Apr 14th 2010, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alison, we're also in Devon, not going anywhere just yet keep asking questions though, there are lots of very helpful people around
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

K and J is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alison from Devon,

We're based in Plymouth Devon for the next 3 weeks, then we're off to Wellington!

We applied under the skilled migrant category and started the process in October 2009. I got a job offer (following a telephone and video interview) in March and 4 days later they granted us Residency - Incredibly efficient Visa Officer!

I'd be happy to let you know how we get on.

Carrie
Old Apr 14th 2010, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K and J
Hi Alison from Devon,

We're based in Plymouth Devon for the next 3 weeks, then we're off to Wellington!

We applied under the skilled migrant category and started the process in October 2009. I got a job offer (following a telephone and video interview) in March and 4 days later they granted us Residency - Incredibly efficient Visa Officer!

I'd be happy to let you know how we get on.

Carrie
Hi Carrie, congratulations on the Residency What line of work are you in?
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

K and J is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi J19,

Thanks! We're ridiculously excited!

I'm in Procurement and my qualification (MCIPS) just made it onto the SMC listing.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:38 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
My husband, three children and I all went to NZ last year for 3 weeks. loved it so much we now want to live there permanently.

I have family in Upper Hutt.

Have been poking around this site for a while and gleened lots of really useful info and have done replies to a couple of threads but thought we'd better introduce ourselves properly.

We hope to go under the skilled migrant visa, but also have options under the business and family ones too if things dont go to plan.

Would love any useful feedback, particularly from anyone near us, (Rose Ash near South Molton, Devon).

Regards
Alison, Roy, Ellena, Hermione & Brendan
Hi & officially welcome

Good luck with all your plans

Dewb
Old Apr 15th 2010, 12:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome to this little NZ forum.

Happy Postings and enjoy.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 12:22 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

HI to you both, Alison & Martyc
Welcome to this informative & friendly forum

We're currently in NZ but will be back in Somerset by June, will be on 'your doorsteps' so to speak and will be happy to share our experiences. In the mean time enjoy posting & planning!!
B x