Money...

Old Jul 7th 2011, 4:31 am
Just Joined

carlosfandango is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Money...

So I'll be heading back to the UK in a months time. By then, I'll have probably nearly $10,000 saved up and I'm not sure of the best way to get it back to the UK without paying exorbitant fees.

Fortunately, the Dollar seems very strong against the Pound at the moment, so I know I'll be doing ok in the transaction, but what have others done in this situation? I remember sending a large-ish amount overseas before, basically doing it electronically via the bank, but I think it cost me a couple hundred dollars.

I really don't want to take a wad of cash with me, but would it be better to change up in NZ or back in the UK, or something else?

Thanks in advance!

Carlos
Old Jul 7th 2011, 6:08 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Money...

Originally Posted by carlosfandango
So I'll be heading back to the UK in a months time. By then, I'll have probably nearly $10,000 saved up and I'm not sure of the best way to get it back to the UK without paying exorbitant fees.

Fortunately, the Dollar seems very strong against the Pound at the moment, so I know I'll be doing ok in the transaction, but what have others done in this situation? I remember sending a large-ish amount overseas before, basically doing it electronically via the bank, but I think it cost me a couple hundred dollars.

I really don't want to take a wad of cash with me, but would it be better to change up in NZ or back in the UK, or something else?

Thanks in advance!

Carlos
Lucky you wish i was going back
Old Jul 7th 2011, 6:25 am
Just Joined

carlosfandango is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by love30stm
Lucky you wish i was going back
How come??

I'm only going back because I cant stay any longer...

Anyway, talking to a kiwi friend of mine that spent 5 years or so in England, he put me onto (SNIP) who seem very reasonable, so it looks like I'll be going with them...

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jul 8th 2011 at 7:14 am. Reason: Url removed
Old Jul 7th 2011, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely use one of Forex companies, rather than the banks as you'll get a better exchange rate and it will cost less. I've used HiFX before and never been let down, but there are others.

That said changing changing NZ$ to GBP at the moment is big win anyway.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carlosfandango

Thanks in advance!

Carlos

Leave it with me, and give me a call when you get home and I will send it via my offshore account............... ohhhh I nearly made it without laughing!