Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mobile Phone and Laptop

Mobile Phone and Laptop

Old May 8th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile Phone and Laptop

Originally Posted by Littletoe
What about the $40 talk it up with telecom? You can call UK, Canada, various other places and within NZ for up to 2 hours at a time and pay nothing more. No good for original poster because its for landlines, but I think that system is very good.

Yes but with $40 of Kia-Ora I can have 1025 minutes of talk time to use in NZ and abroad any time day or night and there is no time limit on when you use the minutes whereas if you don't use your $40 each month you lose out. So $40 may last me 3 or 4 months ringing to the UK and USA once or twice a week!! When I go away for a weekend as long as I have my access and pin number I can even call from someone else's phone and it doesn't cost anything for them.
Old May 8th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Kerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to all

Thanks everyone for your kind help.
Old May 8th 2008, 7:53 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo25
Is PAYG wi-fi available?
do you mean G3? or something more technical? I'm a dunce sorry!
yeah my really old fones worked without unlocking and the others were OK as ex-Voda UK, unlocked to Orange UK and then brough here - don't ask!!
Old May 10th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what it would be known as there, but here I guess the best description is mobile broadband
Old May 11th 2008, 12:38 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shirl
Yes but with $40 of Kia-Ora I can have 1025 minutes of talk time to use in NZ and abroad any time day or night and there is no time limit on when you use the minutes whereas if you don't use your $40 each month you lose out. So $40 may last me 3 or 4 months ringing to the UK and USA once or twice a week!! When I go away for a weekend as long as I have my access and pin number I can even call from someone else's phone and it doesn't cost anything for them.
We have talk it up, last month without the talk it up plan ($40) our phone bill just for calls would have been over $350. For us Talk it up is worth every cent, and it's not hard to use $40 worth.
Old May 11th 2008, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

MrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
We have talk it up, last month without the talk it up plan ($40) our phone bill just for calls would have been over $350. For us Talk it up is worth every cent, and it's not hard to use $40 worth.
Also tax deductable. Don't think phone cards would be.