Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Migration Agents!!

Migration Agents!!

Old May 21st 2006, 2:09 pm

hayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the rough
Question Migration Agents!!

Just a quick question im a little unsure as to whether or not ot use a migrtion agent for the process, how much it will ost to do it this way, does your applicatio have a better chance and which if any are recomended?

thanks
Old May 21st 2006, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

spudzlikeus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Migration Agents!!

Originally Posted by hayleyhails
Just a quick question im a little unsure as to whether or not ot use a migrtion agent for the process, how much it will ost to do it this way, does your applicatio have a better chance and which if any are recomended?

thanks
IMHO , agents are a complete waste of money. The process is extremely straight forward. And No, using an agent will not do you any favours or get you there faster!
Use the official overnment site to guide you through the process, very simple, step by step guide. Also make use of this forum, theres always someone here that knows the answers!
Save your self the extra few thousand that an agent would cost, and have a holiday or something more useful with the money you have saved!!
Old May 21st 2006, 2:48 pm

hayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by spudzlikeus
IMHO , agents are a complete waste of money. The process is extremely straight forward. And No, using an agent will not do you any favours or get you there faster!
Use the official overnment site to guide you through the process, very simple, step by step guide. Also make use of this forum, theres always someone here that knows the answers!
Save your self the extra few thousand that an agent would cost, and have a holiday or something more useful with the money you have saved!!

thanks thought that was the case think i am quite capable of filling in forms!!! find its best to check this sort of thing though, still in the research stages and trying to get info on whangerai done several google searches and nothing coming up!! searched threads on here too!! at a loss how to find out more at the moment!! thanks for your help
Old May 21st 2006, 9:08 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't use an agent either, if you need any help you can get it from NZIS yourself. They are very helpful
You still need to get all your certs and past work history yourself anyways so you aren't really saving yourself any hassle using an agent.
Good luck.
Old May 21st 2006, 9:10 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had a look at this website?

http://www.whangarei.co.nz/
Old May 21st 2006, 9:13 pm
sky
Banned

Don't know if it's any good but just thought I'd try a quick search myself using xtra
Old May 21st 2006, 9:15 pm
sky
Banned

Here's the link for the district council

http://www.wdc.govt.nz/
Old May 21st 2006, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Alex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really nice

thanks thought that was the case think i am quite capable of filling in forms!!! find its best to check this sort of thing though, still in the research stages and trying to get info on whangerai done several google searches and nothing coming up!! searched threads on here too!! at a loss how to find out more at the moment!! thanks for your help
Hi,
Don't know if I can be of much help...but we moved(family of 5) to Whangarei and have been here for 3 1/2 weeks.What do you need to know, and with my small amount of knowledge I will try and help.
Alex
Old May 23rd 2006, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Migration Agent (Malcolm Pacific) quoted us £3k. We did it ourselves online in the end.... it was easy enough.... you just need to back up and prove everything you say. The whole process went through very very quickly and less than 6 months after the initial idea to come here we were here. I'm glad we never wasted £3k on using them. Good luck.
Old May 23rd 2006, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

we did the process ourselves. the eoi form is a little daunting at first but work through it bit by bit and you will get there. the best thing we did was to collect all the numbers we needed, i.e NI numbers, driving licence numbers, birth cert numbers so we had everything in front of us. once you have been accepted with the eoi dont forget that you need police serches and an extended birth certificate. good luck.
Old May 25th 2006, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

nickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant future

thanks
Hi

I would echo what everyone else seems to be saying. We have just been allocated a case officer at London office. So far the process hasn't been too bad. The initial EOI form may seem daunting, but work at it section by section and you will be fine.

Even with an agent you still have the EOI costs/medical costs/application costs.

My advice would be do it yourself. Everyone wants money along the way without needing an extra charge of an agent.

Nicola
Old May 25th 2006, 10:23 am
Devonport Duffers

Bodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant future

Oh well, risking a lambasting, we used Global Visas.

Cost £2K and they were very helpful. It was nice to have someone to go through things with.

Of course I still had to get all the paperwork together so that is not 'time saved' there.

We didn't use an estate agent on the house sale so we save there and paid on the agent. Up to you in the end!!!
Old May 26th 2006, 11:34 am

Thanks everyone,

thought the agent route would be a silly expense to go to, appears the process is quite simple!!!! in research stages at the moment and from what i can tell the process doesnt take too long!!

thanks again