Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Migration Agencies

Migration Agencies

Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:27 am
Just Joined

Elsy and Fi will become famous soon enoughElsy and Fi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Migration Agencies

Hi
We came to NZ last year (me, wife and three kids). We did the points test at like you were short of the magical 100 points. We couldn't see anyway of getting to NZ and was thinking of giving up and looking at Australia. While browsing on the internet I filled a form out for a migration company goldensandsmigration. They got back to me and advised they would take my case on and get the PR visa with a money back guarantee, (you don't pay it all up front either).
Part of the package they do is activley look for employment options for you and yes once I had confirmed a date I was planning on arriving in NZ they had got me telephone interviews which led to a job offer. I actually got offered three jobs (work in IT) and didn't accept the one they got me but at least they did what they said. They do not charge any extra for this service as the fee quoted is what you pay and I'm sure it was less than the 3000 you were quoted. Also, if your PR will take to long the fee also covers temporary work visas.
Yes you can fill the paperwork in yourself, it's not hard, but a professional does word things nicely. We also had an issue with my sons medical which they helped sort out with immigration.
For us it was nice to have someone to "hold your hand" and talk to about things but I can understand why people say don't use agencies as it's a waste of money. I believe that is a decsion you have to make yourself.
Well we got our PR soon after arriving and everything here is great and believe we made the right decision.
Well I would recommend the migration company we used, even worth just dropping an email to find out where you stand.
Good luck in what you decide.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 28th 2008 at 4:34 am.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:45 pm
Dr. Watchers

Scottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really nice
Default Re: Migration Agencies

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
This was from January 2007 so may well have gone up since then. They were not a recruitment agency, nor did they assist with accommodation, they purely helped with getting visas and PR for us. The guy we used was Peter Croxson at E-Migration, Kilmore Street in Cch. He is a man who likes all 'i's dotted and 't's' crossed so is very methodical and reassuring and looks at all possible angles of best route to go depending on your personal circumstances. He gets no favouritism from Immigration so can't magically get you a visas if you don't have the right experience/qualficiations etc (like in our case we needed a job offer as we didn't have enough points) but being in daily contact with Immigration he is able to explain things in a NZ way and find the best way to put your case forward.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend using an agent - if yours is straight forward, you have enough points, etc do it yourself - but if you are going to use an agent then I can highly recommend Peter Croxson.
HI There

We were a fairly straight forward case too but I got a bit confused with which categories our qualifications fell into and whether or not they had already been approved by NZQA etc and a few other things with my OH's job offer; so just for the peace of mind we opted for a consultant. We managed to get him to negotiate down his price a little. He was reasonably efficient and we had no problems. You do still have to provide all the relevant information and paperwork yourselves but they just tell you where to dot the i's and cross the t's and when to submit it and sort out the category stuff. Then when its all in one big package they send it off. You are still free to contact NZ Immigration yourself, as they allocate everyone a case officer. Ours was Rebecca Olliver and she was very reassuring and good to deal with. The Consultant we used was a guy called Dion Smart and he works for e-Migration New Zealand Ltd
PO Box 13625, Tauranga, 3141, New Zealand. His contact info is Tel: +64 7 579 6224 Fax: +64 7 579 6225, Mob: 021 713 332 and web site is www.e-migration.co.nz in case you want a second quote to compare the other consultant's fees with. Good Luck whatever you decide.

Last edited by Scottish Family; Jul 29th 2008 at 12:47 pm. Reason: wanted to get rid of picture at bottom of the message but couldn't figure it out.