Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Men..... in shorts!

Wikiposts

Men..... in shorts!

Old Jul 7th 2011, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Men..... in shorts!

Originally Posted by Kevin
I wasn’t going to write this, but what the hell… I know some of you will say its me with the problem, but hell I don’t care anymore.

Grown men in shorts… in mid winter! Well it just isn’t right is it!

There I was minding my own business walking round New World looking for those clever baskets, and there he stood, right in front of me. He looked like a cross between Desperate Dan and Terry Scott (anyone under 45 won’t get that). All that was missing was a catapult sticking out of his back pocket. But wait, the best part was, he had on white socks and sandals (I absolutely and categorically refuse to call them Jandals… I don’t do “Gummies” either… I mean come on, that sounds like something you would get from an OAP hooker!)…. I digress.
I wear “shorts” when my “boys” are threatening to poach themselves, and not a moment sooner!

What really cracks me up though is when I see someone without any footwear … in the supermarket… in winter! Seen it during our first winter here back in 2007, saw this woman get out of her car, followed by a teenager in a tee shirt, shorts and nothing else. There was ice on the ground!!!!!!! Thought I was seeing things. My wife had on twenty five layers of clothing, four pairs of socks, electrically heated underwear and she still had icicles hanging off her nose! Since then we have both seen this strange phenomenon a good few times. Are these people just really really tough or just thick?

Anyway, back to the men in shorts… in winter. I was thinking of getting up a petition of sorts, "DOWN WITH MENS SHORTS"… or something like that. Would like to hear what y’all think on this topic. Or does anyone have any more stories of clothing “faux pas” they would like to share?
Phew for a min I thought it was me you saw .......... but i dont wear white socks ....... hahaha

However I do wear shorts almost all year round
Old Jul 7th 2011, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the homeless American look seems to be the only look for 90% of Kiwi's. Don't get me started on the crap they listen to either.

AARRGGHH
Old Jul 7th 2011, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Phew for a min I thought it was me you saw .......... but i dont wear white socks ....... hahaha

However I do wear shorts almost all year round
You sick puppy!
Old Jul 7th 2011, 5:24 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Yeah, the homeless American look seems to be the only look for 90% of Kiwi's. Don't get me started on the crap they listen to either.

AARRGGHH
Lol I hate New Zealand music!!! And hate the fact some bands never come here!
Old Jul 7th 2011, 5:48 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Having seen the Who, Stereophonics, and Foo Fighters here, all of which I was a great admirer of before coming here, I'm really not sure what you're complaining about. This goes before mentioning the bands I've chosen not to see....Eagles, Westlife, Elton John, Bob Dylan, Lionel Richie, Santana, Katy Perry, Neil Diamond, Roxy Music, Stiff Little Fingers......
As for the kiwi music, there's such a diversity that it's like saying "I hate american music" rap? country? rock? blues? soul?....it just encompasses too much.
Maybe you just need to shut yourself away with the latest Lady Gaga cd and wish and wish and wish.......
Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Can't breathe seriously
Now I'm crying laughing, what with you not breathing and Kevin peeing himself.

Have to say it's been pretty wild out today, wet on and off, blowing a gale and most of all flipping freezing. So I was high alert to look out for guys in shorts in the shop tonight. Lo and behold I spotted one 'special' person; he was the skinny type with the flap about footballer shorts, flip flops, standing in the car park hugging himself to keep warm inside his dirty great big winter anorak.

Does the big warm coat compensates for the cold legs and feet or what? The guy was obviously bloody cold and had the good sense to put his coat on. So what is it with the shorts thing? Do they have something to prove or is it that they don't own trousers and shoes? You have to wonder.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

"Grown men in shorts… in mid winter! Well it just isn’t right is it! "

Mmmmm not read my signature then
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:17 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
"Grown men in shorts… in mid winter! Well it just isn’t right is it! "

Mmmmm not read my signature then
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat

AARRGGHH
I think bogan might be the word you are looking for.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bogan

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Jul 8th 2011 at 11:38 am.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I think bogan might be the word you are looking for.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bogan
ohhhhh.... not heard that word before..... gotta start using that!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

sandra arnott is just really nicesandra arnott is just really nicesandra arnott is just really nicesandra arnott is just really nicesandra arnott is just really nicesandra arnott is just really nicesandra arnott is just really nicesandra arnott is just really nicesandra arnott is just really nicesandra arnott is just really nicesandra arnott is just really nice

Well guys i can go one better,i work with a woman that come to work dressed like that,would love to ask her what thats all about ,but shes built like a brick sh#thouse lol and no i dont work on a farm work in a youth residence
Old Jul 8th 2011, 2:40 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Men..... in shorts!

Ahhh...real New Zealand men .

Check out clip #2 here: http://www.nzonscreen.com/title/40-y...-calendar-2005
Note: Mustering sheeps in the high country, in the snow with shorts and a wooly hat on.

That is a real New Zealander not these poncy Aucklanders who moan about their houses leaking but won’t fix the holes in the roof or complain about stress from “work”. “Work?” they’ve never done a day’s worth in their lives, trying to make money by shuffling paper. I bet some of you don’t even own a Swanndri bullshirt.

<Shakes head in despair>
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:25 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
<Shakes head in despair>
<Smiles, and contemplates that I've pretty much had shorts on since this thread started>
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:13 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
<Smiles, and contemplates that I've pretty much had shorts on since this thread started>
Good, very good.

Chocolate fish for you in fact:

Though why you’d want a chocolate fish when there is so much New Zealand country goodness around in our lovely beef, lamb, hog, fish, dairy and veg. round these parts seems a little paradoxical. The countryside is for eating nice things that are tender and young.

Even like the beer down here.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:42 pm
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
You and me both, I'm waiting for the presales for Foo Fighters and Tenacious D - that's going to be so good http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/foo-fi...h-tenacious-d/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.