Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Medicals next week..........

Medicals next week..........

Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:30 am
Just Joined

marmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant future
Default Medicals next week..........

Hi
We have our medicals booked for Next Tuesday, kids are loving it already for a day out of school, us (me and OH) are starting to get a little nervous.....although we dont think we,ll have any problems....
Did anyone come accross any problems at medicals, when they thought they wouldnt ?
Both OH and myself are cutting the booze out this week (for what its worth )....
How long did otheres wait for the results?
Do they send them to your home address? For us to send with ITA ?

Sam
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medicals next week..........

Originally Posted by marmite1000
Hi
We have our medicals booked for Next Tuesday, kids are loving it already for a day out of school, us (me and OH) are starting to get a little nervous.....although we dont think we,ll have any problems....
Did anyone come accross any problems at medicals, when they thought they wouldnt ?
Both OH and myself are cutting the booze out this week (for what its worth )....
How long did otheres wait for the results?
Do they send them to your home address? For us to send with ITA ?

Sam

Hi,
Good luck.

How long did otheres wait for the results? approx. 2 weeks
Do they send them to your home address? you collect them and send them with your xray and ITA documentation

Kags
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Ours were posted so it may depend on the doctor you see. But just under 2 weeks to receive.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Jill and Rob Stanton will become famous soon enoughJill and Rob Stanton will become famous soon enough

We weren't anticipating any problems with our medicals, but unfortunately blood pressure was an issue......'White Coat Syndrome' Despite the Medical Examiner saying that this would not be a problem with immigration, it turned out to be a BIG issue with them.

We had to have extra tests done, ECG, Blood,Urine tests done again, and then we had to have some of them done again. Despite us getting the results of these tests back to immigration within days, it has taken 3 weeks to get an answer back each time.

We collected our results from the medical Examiner and posted them on to our Immigration company based in New Zealand, for them to forward them on to London......don't ask......this has been an on going issue.

It is a good idea to keep off the alcohol though, as you do get a liver function test as part of your blood testing.

All the best for your tests though.

Jill and Rob
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

It depends where you go, our were posted out within 7 days, I must admit though, it was a nervous day for us too, not that we were worried about much, it's just another thing you have to pass.

The doctor at ours were great, all very straight forward, mind you they did let me measure my own waist and amazingly I lost 3inches when I measured it

All the best
Old Jan 18th 2009, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

My OH and I had our medicals on the way home from a weeks holiday in Cornwall. Probably not the best time as we had been 'indulging' with friends as it was also one of our leaving parties!! My OH was found to be slightly anemic which caused a bit of a delay but a few iron tablets sorted this, and my liver function was slightly higher than normal but we were granted our visas and made it here

I was told by a nurse that 'White Coat Syndrome' was very common and I was advised to close my eyes and take a minute to relax before she would take my bloody pressure as the first time it was taken it was a little high.

Best of luck
Old Jan 19th 2009, 7:04 am
Just Joined

marmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant future

Hi

Where did you have your medicals? What was your experience?
ours are Tavistock and Nuffield on the same day
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:25 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Hi marmite1000

I went to Tavistock and the Nuffield on the same day for mine too! I can't remember the exact experience, but I think I had the xrays first which were quick and straightforward. I think they gave them to me there and then and I took them to the medical centre where I handed them to the doctor. The doctor and his wife who was the nurse were Kiwi's! They spend 6 months of the NZ Winter in Devon carrying out immigration approved medicals and the 6 months of the NZ Summer here. I think they said in Rotorua. Really nice chap, explained everything and I had no problems with any of it!

Try not to worry and good luck!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Hi

Medicals at Tavistock for me as well
Its a lovely little surgery with a small free car park. The nurses were very reasuring and the doctor was a lovely chap who has seen it all before so knew all the answers to the questions before you ask them
Our xrays were done in Barnstaple.

Best of luck
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:41 am
Just Joined

well....
.....ahhhhhhh medicals place in Tavistock is flooded !! Both medicals and xrays now in nuffield

this afternoon......pretty nervous will post particulars later if anyone is interested

Sam

Last edited by marmite1000; Jan 20th 2009 at 10:44 am.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Flooded, Oh no!!! I'm sure everything will be fine. Goood luck
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of

Hi Sam

Hope all went OK with your medicals today !!

Steelblue's OH
x
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Phew......another thing out the way ....

medicals today @ Nuffield Plymouth £390 medicals (me ,OH 2 kids),
£363.90 chest ray + bloods (me + OH)

expensive day..but...
very relaxed, very welcoming, we were there about 2 1/2 hours in total....had to go for xrays first, me and OH, i had to wear a gown, he didnt (?) but straight forward anyhow ..........then the funny part ....trying to get my kids (8+6) to pee in a bottle haha.......easier said than done but eventually got there .....next ..all of us into one room where we met the Dr and nurse (his wife)...lovely people..where we had our medicals....height weight ,BMI, reflexes, eye test,whisper test! looked in the ears, eyes, touched our toes, flexed our legs, listened to hearts, blood pressure (just me +OH) bloods(me+OH) took a medical history, filled in form and signed in the presence of the doctor.....paid .simple..! said everything will be with us in bout 10 days ready to send off !......bottle of plonk tonite

Sam
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Marmite, where are you? We're in Tavistock too! PM me if you want to keep it quiet
Good luck
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

HI j19fmm

We live in Plymouth and originally our medicals were in Stannary Surgury Tavistock, they phoned me yesterday to say that the surgury had major flooding due to weather..( at this point i thought they were gonna cancel..) and that the medicals had been moved to Nuffield (good news afterall)...so all in all everything was done in 2 1/2 hours

Where bouts in NZ you going ?
SAM

Last edited by marmite1000; Jan 20th 2009 at 8:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.