Medicals?

Old Oct 24th 2016, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

wakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicals?

Hi

I'm just about to book our medicals, looks like the costs vary a bit. The cheapest and closest is in B'ham but its got terrible online reviews - it's a GP place so the comments are based on access to appointment systems rather than anything to do with medicals
I wonder if anyone has any experiences they want to share.... we don't want this to hold us up so we'd like to make the right choice first time!
We could go B'ham or Manchester....
Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2016, 6:46 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals?

The medicals are pretty straight forward, they have a 4 page form (well they did back in 2011) that they have to fill in. You get weighed, urine test, sight test and then medical history. Women over 40 (?) have a breast exam also. I would say don't drink and cut back on fatty foods a few days before you go.
Old Oct 24th 2016, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

We did Manchester as at the time we lived in Preston. Was a pretty nice place as far as GP's go. Didn't really consider the prices of the others as the next nearest places was miles away and would have meant a night away.
Just make sure whoever you choose use the e-medical system as Immigration will insist on it. Gone are all the hard copy documents that you send in yourself in a big envelope. Its all done electronically now from the GP.
They are very thorough and wont leave any stone unturned. Best bet is to cut out the junk food, alcohol, fags etc and get out with regular cardio exercise. We did this at least 3 months out from the medicals.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

wakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, we are using the Manchester one as they've been really helpful. We are on a mad health drive for the next two weeks lol!It's all electronic now and theres only a handful of places do them now
Old Oct 25th 2016, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wakwak
Thanks, we are using the Manchester one as they've been really helpful. We are on a mad health drive for the next two weeks lol!It's all electronic now and theres only a handful of places do them now
Make a weekend of it
Worked just a stone's throw from the Immigration GP's just off Deansgate in Central Manchester for 19 years before heading out to NZ. Lots of awesome memories
Old Oct 26th 2016, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ha we could do as it's a Friday when we go up!
In Copenhagen this weekend so I can't see the health drive going too well!!
Old Oct 27th 2016, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Ha we could do as it's a Friday when we go up!
In Copenhagen this weekend so I can't see the health drive going too well!!

Well, you gotta reward yourselves after the medical

Start the night of in the Cloud bar Cloud 23 | Manchester's Top Champagne & Cocktail Bar
Head on up to Chinatown for a meal.
Walk up Canal St for a few beers in the gay village afterwards. Awesome night out even if you aren't that way inclined
Finish off in the Northern Quarter

Steer clear of Deansgate and all the nutters
Old Oct 31st 2016, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Jpearson92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I'm just about to book our medicals, looks like the costs vary a bit. The cheapest and closest is in B'ham but its got terrible online reviews - it's a GP place so the comments are based on access to appointment systems rather than anything to do with medicals
I wonder if anyone has any experiences they want to share.... we don't want this to hold us up so we'd like to make the right choice first time!
We could go B'ham or Manchester....
Thanks
I did mine at medmigration in Manchester a few Fridays back and has a good experience... did all the tests overnight and i got email Saturday morning saying it had been submitted to INZ. £400
Old Nov 1st 2016, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jpearson92
I did mine at medmigration in Manchester a few Fridays back and has a good experience... did all the tests overnight and i got email Saturday morning saying it had been submitted to INZ. £400
Great stuff, just what we need. Did they discuss it with your - e.g.. mention any possible referrals? Or is that done at INZ end?
I don't think there is anything but then I don't know what they are looking for
Old Nov 1st 2016, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

erm they explained what the process was and gave me the option to be informed when they submit the results to INZ (which i opted for)... basically if they dont ring you in 24 hours then nothing alarming will have come up in the bloods.

Lasts about 35 mins
Old Nov 1st 2016, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

El_queenio is an unknown quantity at this point

We have ours booked for a few weeks in Manchester. Do you need to have sent off your visa application before you have it? Ours has been delayed as awaiting registration from education authority... Booked it a few weeks ago and thought we'd well have applied for visa by then but it's been held up... Should we reschedule?
Old Nov 1st 2016, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

wez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nice

Originally Posted by El_queenio
We have ours booked for a few weeks in Manchester. Do you need to have sent off your visa application before you have it? Ours has been delayed as awaiting registration from education authority... Booked it a few weeks ago and thought we'd well have applied for visa by then but it's been held up... Should we reschedule?
I just came to ask this exact question lol.

I'm going to have my medical done in NZ as it's much cheaper than in the UK ($250 for the full service), and i'm there in January anyway. I noticed that the medical centre will send the results straight to immigration NZ, but i won't have applied for my visa by then (unless i have to), as i need my passport to travel.

I understand that i can apply for my visa and request my passport back though so if i have to i'll do this.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 1:36 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

medicals have to be less than 3 months old when applying.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by El_queenio
No more the other way round if anything - I was advised not to apply for my visa until I had my medical as the medical is in essence part of the supporting information that is submitted as part of your visa application.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

My understanding is that you need the medicals first as you need the reference from them to complete the visa forms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.