Medicals

Old Jul 27th 2016, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Lauramitchell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals

Hi all I have recently has a medical for my Visa. It was submitted to immigration who has referred it due to "some issue". I contacted the medical practitioner where I had the medical carried out and they told me that they font know why it was referred because it was graded an A. Has anyone else had this? I am really worried as I am meant to be flying on the 11th and now possible wont find out if they will accept me until mid Aug. HELP!!!!
Old Jul 27th 2016, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by Lauramitchell
Hi all I have recently has a medical for my Visa. It was submitted to immigration who has referred it due to "some issue". I contacted the medical practitioner where I had the medical carried out and they told me that they font know why it was referred because it was graded an A. Has anyone else had this? I am really worried as I am meant to be flying on the 11th and now possible wont find out if they will accept me until mid Aug. HELP!!!!
Yip nothing to do with the panel physician who carried out the medical. Referral is the decision of Immigration. Anything untoward on a medical will be referred to an MA for their guidance as Immigration do not have any medically trained personnel so they rely on the MA's to provide advice if a person does or does not meet an acceptable standard of health.
It dies take a while to hear back as the MA will be in NZ.
How can you be flying out on the 12th if you are still going through visa processing?
Shouldn't you be waiting till you have a secured visa before arranging flights.
You seriously need to talk to Immigration to find out what the potential issue is and maybe postpone your flights as I wouldn't expect you'll hear anything back from the MA in such a short time.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 10:57 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry to much, myself and the kids initially came over on a 6mths visitors visa (return flights booked) and it took a month to get the visa agreed and in the passports. You can transfer the application over to NZ local branch to have the stickers put in your passport obviously as long as you have them in your hands.

mine and my daughter were both referred to MA and it all came back ok within 2 weeks. so no panic at the moment. If NZ have your passports might be worth asking for them back.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your quick response, it is really appreciated. I originally booked a holiday for the 11th for me and my family and then I was offered a job in the interim. I was hoping that my visa would be in place before I left. This would mean I could organise myself (accommodation etc) while I was there. I know that I cannot work without this visa, nor would I want to.
I am worried what could of been referred as I was an A. There should be nothing to be referred. Have you heard of A grades being referred before? if so what could be the possible reasons?
Old Jul 27th 2016, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Don't worry to much, myself and the kids initially came over on a 6mths visitors visa (return flights booked) and it took a month to get the visa agreed and in the passports. You can transfer the application over to NZ local branch to have the stickers put in your passport obviously as long as you have them in your hands.

mine and my daughter were both referred to MA and it all came back ok within 2 weeks. so no panic at the moment. If NZ have your passports might be worth asking for them back.
Thank you. If you dont mind me asking did they give you a reason for your referral? was you expecting it to be referred? Cant help but worry. Really dont know why they would refer especially because they graded me an A.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 8:31 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

when we handed it in at NZ House in London, the person there noted we would be referred because of the shadows on my lung which I was not aware of until that moment.
Immediately went off to my own GP who sent me that day for an xray, turned out to be scarring from a bout of pleurisy 9 years earlier.
We thought our daughter would be referred as she had CVS but had been signed off by her consultant and we had the letter in the paperwork.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 9:25 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

After passing my medical as fit NZ immi noted that I had been on blood pressure tablets for a long period of time so referred me back to my GP who had to fit me up with a checking device that constantly switched on and off for 24 hours monitoring results and then also put me through cardiac checking to see all was OK. One week after they confirmed they (immi) were happy they referred me back again to get an Orthopedic Consultants examination of a partial knee joint replacement that I had carried out some 5-6 years earlier
I think they like to be sure.