British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Medicals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/medicals-695587/)

KayC Dec 2nd 2010 7:31 pm

Medicals

Got medicals tomorrow and feeling quite nervous! :ohmy:

chippy64 Dec 2nd 2010 7:55 pm

Re: Medicals

:fingerscrossed: for you!

Unless you are very slim, I would fast if possible. Then, if they have to do the blood test because your waist size is over, you won't need to go back - they can do it there and then! :thumbsup:

KayC Dec 2nd 2010 7:57 pm

Oh my goodness - how big is my waist allowed to be?? They have told us to fast from 11pm - we have the medicals at 10am :fingerscrossed:

Originally Posted by chippy64 (Post 9017707)
:fingerscrossed: for you!

Unless you are very slim, I would fast if possible. Then, if they have to do the blood test because your waist size is over, you won't need to go back - they can do it there and then! :thumbsup:

chippy64 Dec 2nd 2010 8:10 pm

When we did ours, it was less than 88cm for a woman. However, looking at the forms, they now look different. There was also a requirement for BMI to be less than 35. The fact that they have asked you to fast probably means that they will do the cholesterol test regardless.
Sure you will be fine - lay off the alchohol, no bacon sarnies for breakfast and all will be well! :thumbup:

KayC Dec 2nd 2010 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by chippy64 (Post 9017731)
When we did ours, it was less than 88cm for a woman. However, looking at the forms, they now look different. There was also a requirement for BMI to be less than 35. The fact that they have asked you to fast probably means that they will do the cholesterol test regardless.
Sure you will be fine - lay off the alchohol, no bacon sarnies for breakfast and all will be well! :thumbup:

Thanks Chippy - I might save that :drinkwine: til tomorrow night!!

brujarerdeb Dec 2nd 2010 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by chippy64 (Post 9017731)

The NZIS changed the form in May this year, all applicants are to have cholesterol tests (less the kids of course) so it's nowt to do with whether or not a person needs to eat more salad and less macdonalds :-)

KayC Dec 3rd 2010 5:45 pm

We're back and it all seemed to go well, just have to wait to get the results! :fingerscrossed:

4pommes Dec 3rd 2010 9:06 pm

How long for the results? I'd be on pins waiting!

KayC Dec 3rd 2010 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by 4pommes (Post 9019791)
How long for the results? I'd be on pins waiting!

They said up to 12 days - so not too long I guess!! Would just like to know now :D

chippy64 Dec 4th 2010 12:31 pm

Have you hit the bottle and the bacon sarnies yet? :thumbsup:

KayC Dec 4th 2010 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by chippy64 (Post 9020636)
Have you hit the bottle and the bacon sarnies yet? :thumbsup:

Hehe - I did have a few large glasses last night when we got home!!! :D

cookie2b Dec 4th 2010 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by KayC (Post 9017663)
Got medicals tomorrow and feeling quite nervous! :ohmy:

Dont Be....
My OH got stage fright when it came to giving a urine sample.....the Nurse handed him the bottle and he just looked at me......and said "but i don't need to" me and the nurse ended up "encouraging" him to "try" in front of the rest of the waiting room....Not the first time iv had to have this conversation but it is usually with my son who is potty training lol.......

You'll be fine if im honest i wish i had kept a few things to myself when i had mine....bit naughty but true!

KayC Dec 5th 2010 7:36 am

Originally Posted by cookie2b (Post 9021194)
Dont Be....
My OH got stage fright when it came to giving a urine sample.....the Nurse handed him the bottle and he just looked at me......and said "but i don't need to" me and the nurse ended up "encouraging" him to "try" in front of the rest of the waiting room....Not the first time iv had to have this conversation but it is usually with my son who is potty training lol.......

You'll be fine if im honest i wish i had kept a few things to myself when i had mine....bit naughty but true!

Thanks Cookie! All done and seemed to go ok - so we're just waiting on the results, they said all ok so far, just depends on x-ray and blood results :)

chillyed Dec 6th 2010 11:29 am

when i went for mine i was told i had a 1950's style waist measurement :confused:

KayC Dec 6th 2010 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by chillyed (Post 9023930)
when i went for mine i was told i had a 1950's style waist measurement :confused:

Whats a 1950's waist measurement???? :huh: It can't be bad if you passed though :thumbsup: