Medicals

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of
Default Medicals

Got medicals tomorrow and feeling quite nervous!
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

for you!

Unless you are very slim, I would fast if possible. Then, if they have to do the blood test because your waist size is over, you won't need to go back - they can do it there and then!
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

Oh my goodness - how big is my waist allowed to be?? They have told us to fast from 11pm - we have the medicals at 10am

Originally Posted by chippy64
for you!

Unless you are very slim, I would fast if possible. Then, if they have to do the blood test because your waist size is over, you won't need to go back - they can do it there and then!
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

When we did ours, it was less than 88cm for a woman. However, looking at the forms, they now look different. There was also a requirement for BMI to be less than 35. The fact that they have asked you to fast probably means that they will do the cholesterol test regardless.
Sure you will be fine - lay off the alchohol, no bacon sarnies for breakfast and all will be well!
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

When we did ours, it was less than 88cm for a woman. However, looking at the forms, they now look different. There was also a requirement for BMI to be less than 35. The fact that they have asked you to fast probably means that they will do the cholesterol test regardless.
Sure you will be fine - lay off the alchohol, no bacon sarnies for breakfast and all will be well!
Thanks Chippy - I might save that til tomorrow night!!
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

brujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the rough

The NZIS changed the form in May this year, all applicants are to have cholesterol tests (less the kids of course) so it's nowt to do with whether or not a person needs to eat more salad and less macdonalds :-)
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

We're back and it all seemed to go well, just have to wait to get the results!
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold

How long for the results? I'd be on pins waiting!
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4pommes
How long for the results? I'd be on pins waiting!
They said up to 12 days - so not too long I guess!! Would just like to know now
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have you hit the bottle and the bacon sarnies yet?
Old Dec 4th 2010, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Have you hit the bottle and the bacon sarnies yet?
Hehe - I did have a few large glasses last night when we got home!!!
Old Dec 4th 2010, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all

Originally Posted by KayC
Got medicals tomorrow and feeling quite nervous!
Dont Be....
My OH got stage fright when it came to giving a urine sample.....the Nurse handed him the bottle and he just looked at me......and said "but i don't need to" me and the nurse ended up "encouraging" him to "try" in front of the rest of the waiting room....Not the first time iv had to have this conversation but it is usually with my son who is potty training lol.......

You'll be fine if im honest i wish i had kept a few things to myself when i had mine....bit naughty but true!
Old Dec 5th 2010, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cookie2b
Dont Be....
My OH got stage fright when it came to giving a urine sample.....the Nurse handed him the bottle and he just looked at me......and said "but i don't need to" me and the nurse ended up "encouraging" him to "try" in front of the rest of the waiting room....Not the first time iv had to have this conversation but it is usually with my son who is potty training lol.......

You'll be fine if im honest i wish i had kept a few things to myself when i had mine....bit naughty but true!
Thanks Cookie! All done and seemed to go ok - so we're just waiting on the results, they said all ok so far, just depends on x-ray and blood results
Old Dec 6th 2010, 11:29 am
Just Joined

chillyed is on a distinguished road

when i went for mine i was told i had a 1950's style waist measurement
Old Dec 6th 2010, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chillyed
when i went for mine i was told i had a 1950's style waist measurement

Whats a 1950's waist measurement???? It can't be bad if you passed though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.