British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Medical Records (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/medical-records-484502/)

mistran Sep 30th 2007 9:16 pm

Medical Records

Hi all, has anyone who has recentley moved out NZ take copies of thier medical records:huh:

minky Sep 30th 2007 9:31 pm

Re: Medical Records

Yes we got copies from our uk docs and gave them to our new one here

garryhg Sep 30th 2007 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by mistran (Post 5372025)
Hi all, has anyone who has recentley moved out NZ take copies of thier medical records:huh:

we asked the doctor for summarys of our records,cost about 40 pounds for them all.....but doctors prices vary aparantly:blink:

they just highlight anything important and current medication etc...its enough to get you started until they recieve your medical records.....the doctors here were quite pleased with that.......jacky.....

sananddave Sep 30th 2007 9:42 pm

:D Is it mandatory to have your uk medical records if moving to nz?

garryhg Sep 30th 2007 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by sananddave (Post 5372084)
:D Is it mandatory to have your uk medical records if moving to nz?

no think its optional,but it does help the doctors when you get here....

2 days after i arrived i ended up with chest infection and had to go to doctors....so it does help them if you bring some info...it was only couple of sheets of paper each,doesn't take much room in case....:thumbup:

teambwr47 Oct 1st 2007 1:30 am

Yep we had copies of records for all four of us......

Amazed at how much stuff we got and the fact that it went back to when we were born 37 years ago:blink:

I just thought it would be a summary or something but included notes from the doctor about us as babies etc.

Mine needed a forklift to get in the house due to all the 'self inflicted' sports injuries:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pollyana Oct 1st 2007 2:51 am

Little note for anyone taking medical records - check they all actually refer to YOU! The ones I ended up with contained notes about two completely different people, as well as my own stuff....I spent several minutes wondering how I forgotten being in hospital having my tonsils out, until I realised it was a complete stranger that they were talking about! :eek;

garryhg Oct 1st 2007 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 5372561)
Little note for anyone taking medical records - check they all actually refer to YOU! The ones I ended up with contained notes about two completely different people, as well as my own stuff....I spent several minutes wondering how I forgotten being in hospital having my tonsils out, until I realised it was a complete stranger that they were talking about! :eek;

actually had to laughen i read this post..when we read our notes turned out they gave me a prosthetic elbow:blink:

well the surgeon must have made a pretty good job,because i can't remember him doing it and he never left a scar....:eek::eek:

heres hoping i don't hurt my elbow here as they are going to be a bit confused........just call me the bionic woman....:eek:she can rebuild herself:thumbsup:

donnaf Oct 1st 2007 9:26 am

If you've ogt kids you will need a record of their immunisations when they enol in school - worth bringin in the luggage rather than waiting for the shipment. It doesn't matter if they are not fully immunised but they do like to see the records.

garryhg Oct 1st 2007 9:57 am

Originally Posted by donnaf (Post 5373172)
If you've ogt kids you will need a record of their immunisations when they enol in school - worth bringin in the luggage rather than waiting for the shipment. It doesn't matter if they are not fully immunised but they do like to see the records.

i meant to bring these records of kids immunisations,but left them in storage back home...school didn't ask for them and neither did the doctor.....i guess they will all be on medical records anyway...:thumbsup:

but probably is a good idea to bring them:thumbsup:

Pollyana Oct 1st 2007 10:40 am

Originally Posted by garryhg (Post 5372852)
actually had to laughen i read this post..when we read our notes turned out they gave me a prosthetic elbow:blink:

well the surgeon must have made a pretty good job,because i can't remember him doing it and he never left a scar....:eek::eek:

heres hoping i don't hurt my elbow here as they are going to be a bit confused........just call me the bionic woman....:eek:she can rebuild herself:thumbsup:

It's quite funny really isn't it - you sit there thinking "I REALLY don't rmember that?" and then suddenly realise it's someone else they are talking about. Potentially worrying though - just imagine if the stuff was bad news, could really panic someone till they look at the name at the top :eek:

garryhg Oct 1st 2007 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 5373426)
It's quite funny really isn't it - you sit there thinking "I REALLY don't rmember that?" and then suddenly realise it's someone else they are talking about. Potentially worrying though - just imagine if the stuff was bad news, could really panic someone till they look at the name at the top :eek:

thats the laugh though:blink:it was my name at the top:eek:but for some reason i managed to acumulate a prosthetic elbow along the way:blink:

must have been in the nineties,i spent most of that decade drunk:rofl: