Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

medical & dental records

medical & dental records

Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute
Default medical & dental records

hi all,

Just wondered if it was imperative we bought over dental records, as our dentist has just quoted us £25 each for ours...that's £100!

Our GP has quoted us the lesser sum of £10 each for our medical records, although £40 is still quite a lot for a bit of printing off from the computer!

Are they both absolutely necessary for handing over to the new GP & dentist in NZ?

Last edited by iwannagonow; Jan 19th 2009 at 1:19 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

lyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nice
Default Re: medical & dental records

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
hi all,

Just wondered if it was imperative we bought over dental records, as our dentist has just quoted us £25 each for ours...that's £100!

Our GP has quoted us the lesser sum of £10 each for our medical records, although £40 is still quite a lot for a bit of printing off from the computer!

Are they both absolutely necessary for handing over to the new GP & dentist in NZ?
Sorry, I can't answer your question but I hope the answer would be that it is not necessary because if it works out to be necessary I would wonder how you would be able to access dental records when you can't even get a dentist in the UK!!!!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

neilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really nice

Our experience was that absolutely no need to bring dental records, as every time you sign up with a dentist here they do a full checkup with xrays etc anyway.

We brought medical records, but I am not convinced they have ever been inputted into the computer system at the surgery, so unless you have a complicated history, I would not worry too much about those either.

Neil
Old Jan 19th 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

My dentist here said that I could not get a copy of my records as they belong to the practice but if a NZ dentist wanted any notes then they could request them! My GP practice wants to charge us £50 each....£200 in total for medical notes Got a summary for the medicals which was part of the notes;they were taking so long to copy them that I asked for the summary and said that they could take their time with the rest as they were not a priority. Haven't gone back for them yet so no charge at the moment

Phyl x
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Originally Posted by neilw71
Our experience was that absolutely no need to bring dental records, as every time you sign up with a dentist here they do a full checkup with xrays etc anyway.
Agreed, I would say that unless you have a complicated history then there really is no need.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

we did not take dentist info but managed to get a free printout from the the doctors which was very much appreciated by ours in NZ but a lot of people dont they have inputted my notes on their system.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

We brought neither and have not required them. As others have stated unless you have a complicated medical or dental history I would not bother. When you see your dentist or GP for the first time they will take a full history etc.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your replies....sounds like we needn't bother with GP or dental records...that's a little less money to pay out...which is always a bonus!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
hi all,

we did not bring any recodes over, we wnet to a dentist who did a full exam and one we registered with a doctors they requested the records from the UK with no hassle
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:03 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

We didn't bring either, just the kids little red books - which we've never shown anyone since we got here! However, the two eldest who both had braces when we arrived, should have brought their orthodontist records with them. The orthodontist in the UK said we wouldn't need them. It wasn't a disaster but may have worked out marginally cheaper with the initial examination this end. I expect there would have been a charge for them in the UK so it probably would have worked out near enough the same.