Medical

Old Jun 13th 2017, 10:23 am
Just Joined

lozzy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical

Hey all,

I'm after a little bit of advice

My husband has accepted a job offer in Auckland and is currently applying for his visa and going for his medical this Friday as the company want him over asap.

My question is as I wont be moving out until next year (March April) should I wait and apply for my visa/medical later on in the year?

Thanks

Lauren
Old Jun 13th 2017, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical

The time to conduct the medical is determined by the date you intend to apply for the visa. The medical report must be no more than 3 months old at the time of application submission.
Since hubster is going to go along asap I assume he's applying for a temporary work visa - e.g. an Essential Skills Visa or similar as the processing for this type of visa is a matter of weeks instead of a resident visa which is several months. It means, once secured he can travel fairly quickly.
What is your intended visa path ?
If you are also going for a temporary work visa via the family stream - partnership category, once it is approved you must travel within 3 months of approval date or it expires. If you only wish to travel out next year then you'll need to hold off applying.
Be aware Immigration will be applying revised rules surrounding temporary work and resident visas from 14 August this year and these changes may affect your ability to get a visa even though hubster may already be over in NZ on a work visa.
It's worth checking the changes to be sure as it may mean you have to change your plans and get the application in now before the rules change.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 1:28 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical

Worth noting that the medical, once used for an initial visa application, remains valid for 3yrs now so I'd suggest getting it all done and your application in now, you are unlikely to need to repeat the medical if escapetonz's advice is right and you should get in ahead of any rule changes.