Medical

Old Jul 30th 2013, 11:42 am
Just Joined

mrd71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical

Hello All,

Im sure many of you have been through the process of a INZ medical, so my question is what do they entail? Ive heard some horror stories of internal etc what do they look for?

For the record I am a mid forties male

Thank You
Old Jul 30th 2013, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical

I know I'm jumping in a bit, but if you go to the immigration website, the whole medical is there. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1007.pdf

Doesn't say anything about an internal.

Last edited by Dashie; Jul 30th 2013 at 1:37 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:37 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

The medical is nothing to worry about, and this is coming from someone who'd rather go to the dentist than a doctor

Have a look at the link Dashie has given you as that shows what needs to be checked or ticked off.
You'll have a chest Xray, bloods and urine test. Non invasive examination.

I don't recall there being mention of a rectal exam. Don't listen to the horror stories! If it isn't on the form then it is not necessary for immigration purposes and does not need doing
For the ladies there is no need to remove underwear [I stayed pretty much fully dressed] unless you're over 45 in which case a breast exam is required.

Really don't worry about it and welcome to BE

You're obviously well on the way to applying for a visa

Last edited by Persephone; Jul 30th 2013 at 5:12 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

kiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to behold

Had my medical just over two weeks ago - nothing invasive apart from bloods, my OH is 39 and he didn't have an internal!

KWB
Old Jul 30th 2013, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Fill out the form, take blood, urine test, heart rate & blood pressure, quick eyesight test, DONE
We were amazed at how little was done for the money.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As moonie2011 says very little done for the money, although shop around as medicals and x-rays vary considerably from place to place and by going a bit further you might save £100's
Old Jul 31st 2013, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

kazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to all

Same here. Chest x ray, bloods, eye test, then he asked us a series of questions about our general health, all requiring a simple yes or no answer. Four of us were in for less than an hour, excluding chest x rays. Fortunately for us the doctor we chose had x ray facilities in the medical centre so we could have it all done together. Only problem was David s blood test showed positive for hep b even though we told them he had the vaccine so he had to have it done again at a cost of :£80! I don't think we should have had to pay. Having said that, very straightforward and nothing to worry about.