British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   McDonalds (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/mcdonalds-730039/)

love30stm Aug 26th 2011 1:12 am

McDonalds

Just seen the new commercial for the McDonalds egg & beetroot burger? ewww and wearing shorts for every occassion?? just about says it all really :blink:

any strange ways and food tastes of New Zealand you want to share? :p :huh: :lol:

BEVS Aug 26th 2011 1:48 am

Re: McDonalds

Well. I find this most odd & yukky but folks here love their whitebait squishy in an omelette and put between two slices of bread.

Me? I prefer whitebait floured & deep fried so is crispy . Served with toast fingers , fresh parsley and a lemon wedge.

hazeandsteve Aug 26th 2011 6:57 am

i love a burger with egg, beetroot and a cheese slice.
Don't knock it if you havn't tried it:thumbup:

love30stm Aug 26th 2011 8:13 am

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve (Post 9582663)
i love a burger with egg, beetroot and a cheese slice.
Don't knock it if you havn't tried it:thumbup:

I will pass thanks and I try most things :p

Bo-Jangles Aug 26th 2011 9:04 am

Unfortunately, we have to put up with the Kiwiana overload for the next two months, seems that every single shop is on the bandwagon loaded up on Kiwi iconography alongside all the All Blacks paraphernalia.

Pak n Save has a big display of the old Kiwi 'classic' reduced cream and onion soup mix - bleurgh!!

God get me outta here already, I cant take anymore. :zzz:

love30stm Aug 26th 2011 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 9582870)
Unfortunately, we have to put up with the Kiwiana overload for the next two months, seems that every single shop is on the bandwagon loaded up on Kiwi iconography alongside all the All Blacks paraphernalia.

Pak n Save has a big display of the old Kiwi 'classic' reduced cream and onion soup mix - bleurgh!!

God get me outta here already, I cant take anymore. :zzz:

Get me out too now please!!!

BEVS Aug 26th 2011 10:38 am

reduced cream and onion soup mix
Gawd. Mega yuk.

crap coffee Aug 26th 2011 11:56 am

2 Attachment(s)
for some reasons... I love MacDonald.. :eek: :blink:

BUt, but but,,

I eat MacDonalds stuff only in Wellington, New Zealand!!!!

In my younger days here,, I hated the stuff really... from the smells of NZ beef,, and everything. (literally,, I just could not eat NZ beef at all at that time,, first 10 years in NZ I think...) ,,, however,,, now,,, I am fine... :blink:

anyway,,,

enjoy eating Big Mac alone,, on late/lazy Sunday afternoons,,(around 4 pm) on Lambton Q,, :D

Its pretty quiet on a rainy (sun)day.. :lol: don't get to see many people...,,, :thumbsup: love the scenery tho..: :rofl:

yum yum,, :D

love30stm Aug 26th 2011 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9583005)
Gawd. Mega yuk.

I second that, I was promoting magi foods in countdown and all the kiwis told me I have to try the magi dip that everyone has! Needless to say I did and it tasted like sick! :lol:

Justcol Aug 27th 2011 4:39 am

Savoury Muffin. . .!!!!!

Savoury!! . . . . . . . . Muffin!!

A muffin with savoury bits and vegetable in it. . . . What's all that about ?? :huh: :blink:

Debbie2NZ Aug 27th 2011 5:37 am

Yummy yummy yummy served warm with a little bit of butter. Delicious. NZ muffins of any variety are gorgeous.

martyc Aug 27th 2011 6:53 am

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 9584101)
I second that, I was promoting magi foods in countdown and all the kiwis told me I have to try the magi dip that everyone has! Needless to say I did and it tasted like sick! :lol:

Funny that. I like the Maggi dip but cannot bear anything MacDonalds.

NakiMan Aug 27th 2011 7:42 am

Whitebait fritter.... better known as a Slime Omelette....

BEVS Aug 27th 2011 7:46 am

Originally Posted by NakiMan (Post 9584652)
Slime Omelette....

My entire post in two words :lol:

Bo-Jangles Aug 27th 2011 7:56 am

Still, Maccas with or without the beetroot does have some redeeming features; unlike the skanky, stinking, sausage sizzles at the local DIY store on a Saturday afternoon.

OMG just one whiff, makes me want to puke.