Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Massey area in auckland

Massey area in auckland

Old May 16th 2007, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice
Default Massey area in auckland

Hi

Can anyone give me any advice about the above area? Good area,safe, how long to get to auckland city, house prices, rentals etc?

Any help would be great

Cheers
Old May 16th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Massey area in auckland

Originally Posted by freckles1970
Hi

Can anyone give me any advice about the above area? Good area,safe, how long to get to auckland city, house prices, rentals etc?

Any help would be great

Cheers
Hiya Freckles

I live in Massey, we live in the west part of it and find it fairly quiet here, easy access to trains, which I use to travel to newmarket daily and I find the trains ok, (occasional cock ups on train but no better/no worse than uk trains ) easy access to motorways to get into CBD, but traffic can be a bit of a nightmare at rush hour so I am led to believe ( I do drive but opt not to, to work), if you leave eary it can take about 30 - 40 mins. House prices range for a 3 bedroomed $330,000 ish, some cost more, some cost less, depending on what needs doing to it.

we rented in Henderson before we bought our house and we were paying $300 a week for a 3 bedroomed house (unfurnished), again you can pay a bit more

try here for rentals www.AllRealEstate.co.nz and probably house prices too

We dont have any issues with safety and as far as hubby concerned (he is a Westie by birth for his sins) it is a fine area to live, we dont live on the main roads, like Don Bucks Road, or Triangle Road and I find these can be fairly busy

hope this helps and if it doesnt make any sense I havent had any coffee yet today and its early and I am in work, so please forgive me, any other questions please either PM or post here and I will try and answer for you

Dawn
Old May 18th 2007, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Another Massey-ite here too.

Safe? Sure, just be as aware as you are in the UK and nothing'll happen. By which I mean, keep the garage locked, close windows before you leave - but I would do this in any area.

How long to get to Auckland City? 20 minutes off peak, 45 minutes peak.

House prices, rentals? Can't inform about the rental because we never did, but an average 3 bedder will cost in the low 300s. Usually get a decent sized section too if you pick an older style house (around 600sq).

There are some dodgy streets as in any area, but they're pretty obvious when you visit the open homes - points to watch out for are unkempt gardens and sad looking neighbouring properties.

We've lived here since Feb 2004 and have had no bother and have great neighbours.
Old May 18th 2007, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dlmckay
Another Massey-ite here too.

Safe? Sure, just be as aware as you are in the UK and nothing'll happen. By which I mean, keep the garage locked, close windows before you leave - but I would do this in any area.

How long to get to Auckland City? 20 minutes off peak, 45 minutes peak.

House prices, rentals? Can't inform about the rental because we never did, but an average 3 bedder will cost in the low 300s. Usually get a decent sized section too if you pick an older style house (around 600sq).

There are some dodgy streets as in any area, but they're pretty obvious when you visit the open homes - points to watch out for are unkempt gardens and sad looking neighbouring properties.

We've lived here since Feb 2004 and have had no bother and have great neighbours.
yay knew you would turn up and back me up at some stage