Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Making alone? Non return ticket?

Making alone? Non return ticket?

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

cornerofsilence has a spectacular aura aboutcornerofsilence has a spectacular aura aboutcornerofsilence has a spectacular aura about
Default Making alone? Non return ticket?

We are now permit residences and our son would like to come over to New Zealand to get a feel for the place. He is 29 years old. Firstly I would like to hear from anyone who has made the move on their own.

Also has anyone arrived in NZ with no return ticket? Is there any problem in doing this?

Any information would help please.

Susan
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making alone? Non return ticket?

Originally Posted by cornerofsilence
We are now permit residences and our son would like to come over to New Zealand to get a feel for the place. He is 29 years old. Firstly I would like to hear from anyone who has made the move on their own.

Also has anyone arrived in NZ with no return ticket? Is there any problem in doing this?

Susan
I did it with Australia, didn't have any problems. But may be an idea to have a return one with open dates, just in case, as two single can work out expensive, if he decides he wants to go back to UK.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:36 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Carkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really nice

I have flown into Auckland on a single ticket with no prob but then I had a work visa so I dont know if that makes a difference. I flew into Hamilton and I had to prove I had an onward ticket so I guess it depends on what kind of mood customs are in. I have flown into Auckland many times and have never been asked to show an onward ticket (although most of the time I had one)

I went over to NZ without knowing anyone (did the same for Australia too) and I have made some of the best friends I ever could. Cant wait to return.

Maybe your son could apply for a holiday work visa least then he could stay for a year..or however much they give you these days, then he should be able to go over on a one way.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cornerofsilence

Susan
hi dont know what its like yet, but im singapore at the moment on the way to sydney then Welly on my one way ticket, will let you know once ive got there and settled in,

with mine though i got a work permit and 'cos im a nurse i got my return flight put as not necessary on my passport and also the 2000NZD in cash bit is waived as well so all good really

will let you know